This post is sponsored by Minute. All comments and opinions are my own.
Rice is one of my favorite foods to cook with. For starters, few foods are as versatile. It can be paired with vegetables and/or a protein for a main course in its own right, it can be a filling and satisfying side, heck, it can even be an ingredient in its own right. In a way, rice is kind of like the chameleon of the food world. It just seems to blend perfectly with whatever dish it’s a part of!
The problem is that preparing rice can be messy and time-consuming, especially around this time of year. Between school and work, extra curricular activities and other obligations, who has the time to stand around stirring the pot, making sure it doesn’t boil over? And of course if you don’t stir frequently enough, then you have to scrape off or soak all the rice that’s stuck to the side and bottom of the pot. No thanks to all that… especially on a hectic weeknight.
That’s why I always make sure to have at least one box of Minute Instant Rice stashed in my pantry for when I want the taste and satisfaction of a rice-based meal without all the prep work and hassle. With Minute Instant Rice, you can have a pot of fluffy, flavorful rice ready in just a fraction of the time as traditional cooking methods.
And everyone can enjoy Minute Instant Rice, because it contains only one simple ingredient: USA-grown rice. Gluten free? Vegan or vegetarian? Minute is here for you, too, so grab a box of your favorite type of rice and get cooking!
A favorite way to put that tasty rice to use is with my Parmesan Meatballs and Rice recipe. Meatballs and rice might not seem like the most natural pairing at first blush, but I think it’s actually the perfect combo! Give it a try and I think you’re really enjoy it, or head over to Minuterice.com for lots of other recipe ideas and inspiration. You’ll be glad you did!
- 12 oz frozen meatballs, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Minute Instant Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan (+ more for serving)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the onion for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for one more minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the meatballs and then stir in chicken broth and Minute Instant Whole Grain Brown Rice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes, or until rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Stir in heavy cream, peas and parmesan. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley and more parmesan if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!