This post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® and Grillo’s Pickles®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Meatballs are one of the most popular dishes at my house. I probably have a couple of dozen different recipes that I make in an effort to keep things interesting. One of the most requested meals is the one you see above… my Chicken Meatball Subs With Alabama White Sauce.
It’s a super easy recipe to make and is packed with such amazing flavor. The zing of the meatballs paired with the soft, fluffy and perfectly sweet King’s Hawaiian buns is anything but boring. And when combined with the crunch of those delicious Grillo’s pickle chips, you have the perfect bite.
- King's Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns
- Grillo's Pickles Classic Dill Chips
- Fried Onion Straws
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- To make the Alabama White Sauce, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare the meatballs by mixing all ingredients in a medium bowl and roll.
- Roll mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a payment lined pan and bake for 22 - 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Toss the hot meatballs in 1½ cups of the prepared white sauce.
- Place the meatballs into the King's Hawaiian Buns and top with Grillo's Pickles then sprinkle with fried onion straws.
- Serve with additional Alabama White Sauce id desired.
While you can purchase Alabama White Sauce at the store, you can easily make your own in just minutes. I throw everything into a jar and shake it up and park it in the fridge until I need it. My recipe makes a big batch and while it will last for about a week in the refrigerator, it never lasts that long here at my house.
With all that sauce, you can easily adjust the recipe to feed a few or even a large group. The sauce recipe above will be enough for 2 – 3 batches of meatballs. Just be sure to grab plenty of King’s Hawaiian Buns and a couple of tubs of those tasty Grillo’s Pickles and you are in business.
Why not ditch the traditional barbecue chicken and shake up your game day menu with a batch of my meatballs subs?! They are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Even better, you can grab big savings on what you need to add these to your menu. Look for a Publix coupon in the current Extra Savings Flyer and you can get FREE Grillo’s Pickles with your King’s Hawaiian purchase.
Buy King’s Hawaiian® Hamburger Buns or Slider Buns and get FREE Grillo’s Pickle® Chips Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 9/25 to 10/8
Find your favorite King’s Hawaiian products in the deli and look for Grillo’s Pickles in the meat department at your local Publix.