This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
Here at my house, mayonnaise is more than just a sandwich spread. Beside the obvious chicken and tuna salad, I used it for a variety of sauces, dips and dressings. I spread it on meats before grilling and toss my veggies in mayonnaise before roasting. Mayonnaise is just so versatile.
I have some good news—the best name in the game when it comes to mayonnaise has a vegan option that’s available at your local Publix right now! Yep, everyone can enjoy a 100% egg-free mayo that tastes and spreads just like the real thing thanks to new Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing and Spread!
While we are not vegan, I have been trying to add in more plant-based products into my meals and recipes. I figure that if it tastes great… well, why not give it a try?
I am thrilled to report that Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing and Spread totally exceeded my expectations. It’s perfect for sandwiches and salads and worked like a champ on my roasted veggies. In fact they were such a hit, I decided to make one of my all-time favorite salads—my Roasted Acorn Squash Salad!
When the days get shorter and the temperatures start to drop and you want something as nourishing as it is satisfying, this salad always hits the spot for us. Tossing the squash in the Hellmann’s Vegan spread add such great flavor and allows the squash to caramelize and cook up perfectly.
You simply toss the roasted squash with some salad greens, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and crispy chickpeas. Throw on some feta or crumbled tofu if you want to keep it vegan for the perfect combination of flavors and textures that just screams fall!
- 1 large or 2 small acorn squash, washed
- ½ cup Hellmann's Vegan Dressing and Spread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 cups salad greens
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crunch chickpeas
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta (or crumbled tofu for vegan)
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing (*see note)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, remove the seeds and slice into ½" slices.
- Toss the squash slices in the Hellmann's Vegan Dressing and Spread with the salt and pepper then place on a sheet pan.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 12 minutes then flip and roast another 10 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the squash is done, prepare the glaze by whisking the honey, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Brush over the roasted squash and return to the oven and cook another 5 minutes.
- Place the salad greens, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, crunchy chickpeas, red onion and cooked squash in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with the feta and serve
And right now you can try Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing and Spread and save lots of moolah. Look for a big coupon to save $1.50 off a 11.5 ounce bottle when you shop at Publix.
Valid 10/7 – 11/13: $1.50/1 Hellmann’s 11.5oz Vegan Sauce Publix Digital Coupon
Grab a few ingredients and try my Roasted Acorn Squash Salad. It’s the perfect meatless Monday meal or just whenever you want something that’s hearty and healthy!
If you need more meal ideas, head over to Hellmanns.com and explore their recipe section. I guarantee you’ll find something to delight and surprise your hungry eaters with this tasty vegan and gluten-free spread.