This post is sponsored by Amish Country. All comments and opinions are my own.
A quiche is probably one of the easiest meals to throw together. Some of my favorite versions are those that I throw together with just the leftovers in my fridge. But every once in a while I surprise my guys with their all-time favorite version… a Hash Brown Crusted Bacon, Cheese & Onion Quiche!
Loaded with hearty goodness all wrapped within a unique, crispy hashbrown crust, this is comfort food at its best! While it looks like it might be difficult, it’s actually quite simple to prepare. Gather a few ingredients and in no time flat you’ll have a hearty meal that the whole family will love!
Like so many of the best comfort foods, this Hashbrown Crusted Quiche has plenty of cheese. But not just any cheese. For this recipe, I couldn’t resist trying out Amish Country Cheese’s newest variety… their Swiss Colby.
This is a brand new offering from Amish Country Cheese, combining the sweet, mild, and slightly nutty profile of Swiss cheese with the mild, buttery signature flavor of Colby cheese for a ‘best of both worlds taste’ that just can’t be beat.
Grab a package of that tasty cheese and a few ingredients and you are on your way to serving up a delicious meal that you can enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. There’s really no wrong time to enjoy this hearty quiche!
- 30 oz pkg frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 8 oz pkg Amish Country Swiss Colby Cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Defrost the hash browns and squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes. Press between paper towels to dry off any liquid.
- Add the hash browns to a bowl with the garlic powder, 3 oz of shredded Amish Country Swiss Colby Cheese, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper and mix until combined.
- Spray a 9" spring form pan with cooking spray and press the hash brown mixture into the pan, making sure to cover the entire surface leaving no holes in the crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425º then bake the hash brown crust for 30 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp then remove to a paper lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the chopped onions to the bacon fat and cook over medium high heat until caramelized, about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from the pan to the paper lined plate with the bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Mix in the bacon, cooked onions, chives and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the par-baked hash brown crust and place on a baking sheet and return to the oven and bake at 350º for 40 - 45 minutes, or until quiche is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes then cut into wedges and serve.
In addition to the new Swiss Colby Cheese, you can still find your other favorite Amish Country Cheeses in the Publix dairy case, including Amish Country Colby, Amish Country Colby Jack, Amish Country Havarti, and Amish Country Swiss. Like all of Amish Country’s cheeses, they’re made with the same high standards and commitment to quality that’s made them a customer favorite for over 70 years. If you love cheese but have never tried these Amish Country varieties, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a taste test. You never know, you might just find a new favorite.
Amish Country Cheese, $3.60 – $4.59
–$0.55/1 Amish Country Cheese
As low as $3.05 with coupon!