This post is sponsored by RAGÚ. All comments and opinions are my own.
As much as I love the ease and convenience of grilling out during the summer, there’s just something special about the way that all those fall bakes, roasts, and casseroles fill the kitchen with their incredible aromas. After a long day out and about, nothing says welcome home quite like the scent of your favorite comfort foods as soon as you come through the door.
My Chicken Cacciatore Pot Pie recipe is a perfect example. It’s a mash-up of two comfort food classics that never fail to hit the spot. It’s quick, easy and absolutely delicious! If you love pot pies as much as I do, this elevated take is definitely a must-try meal.
You only need a few ingredients to serve up a hearty meal that is sure to please.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves galic, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 oz jar RAGÚ Old World Style Traditional Sauce (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Whisk together the egg and water to create an egg wash, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion and bell pepper for 3 - 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the RAGÚ sauce and the chopped chicken, remove from heat.
- Press one of the refrigerated pie crusts into the bottom of a 9" pie pan.
- Spoon the filling into the pie pan and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Top with the 2nd pie crust.
- Crimp the edges and brush with top of the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
For this recipe and so many others, RAGÚ is the sauce I choose. With a big selection of sauces in pasta aisle at Publix, I can always find just what I need to bring great taste home to my family.
I especially like the new line of RAGÚ Simply Sauces. Made with no added sugar and only the finest ingredients like 100% olive oil, RAGÚ Simply Sauces are loaded with traditional, guilt-free flavor for all to enjoy regardless of dietary concerns.
If you’re more of a tradionalist, Ragu’s Old World Style Sauces have the rich, familiar flavor you’re looking for. They’re made the old-fashioned way, using vine-ripened tomatoes and classic Italian spices and seasonings. With so many flavors to choose from, they’re the ticket to old world pasta perfection.
If Ragu isn’t a featured part of your meal planning, pick up a few jars during your next Publix run. Bring home a burst of flavor with delicious, high-quality ingredients that you’ll enjoy in all your favorite meals and recipes.