This post is sponsored by Breyers. All comments and opinions are my own.
Summer may be synonymous with ice cream, but you don’t have to put away the sweet treats once the fall months come around. In fact, one of my new favorite themed ice cream recipes really only makes sense around this time of year and on one holiday in particular. That’s right, I’m talking about everyone’s favorite celebration of all things spooky and kooky— Halloween!
With two teenage boys in the picture, we’ve had a lot of memorable Halloweens in and out of this house, but even as they’ve grown and the costumes have changed from year to year, it seems like one constant is that we always have a blast coming up with or finding the fun and festive themed menu items.
These Bat Bites have always been a Halloween favorite, and are the perfect way to round out your Fright Night menu. Breyers Cookies ’n Cream Ice Cream makes the perfect base (althought their Vanilla flavor works just as well if that’s what you happen to have on hand), and that’s before it’s dipped in chocolate. And what Bat Bite would be complete without cookie wings to top it all off?
- Breyers Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chocolate cookies, broken in half
- candies (for the eyes)
- straws/lollipop sticks
- Scoop the ice cream forming 2" balls and place on parchment paper then freeze until ready to assemble the bats.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Stir and heat in 30 seconds intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the tip of each straw/lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, then push into the prepared ice cream ball. Repeat with all ice cream balls. Return to freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Working in small batches, dip the ice cream ball into the chocolate then quickly add the candy eyes and broken cookies to each side to form the wings.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
There are lots of other ways to enjoy ice cream (besides the obvious) after the fall weather sets in, too. Klondike’s new Cones are especially great for quick individual desserts during back to school season season. And because each pack contains two different cone flavors, you could grab one of each and have half a dozen options to choose from!
And if you want the amazing flavor of a shake without the blender, try new Klondike Shakes. New at Publix, each pouch offers a creamy and delicious shake that’s perfect for enjoying at home or on-the-go. So just sit back, chill out and slurp anytime, anywhere.
And when you want to make any day a special occasion, there’s Good Humor’s Viennetta Cake. With layer after layer of wavy vanilla ice cream between crispy chocolate, it’s the perfect way to make every day a celebration with a slice of ice cream you can afford for the whole family.
However you love to celebrate fall’s arrival, don’t forget that your local Publix has plenty of craveable ice cream options from the Unilever family of products to help you make the most of your time together indoors and out. Look for great savings on your favorites the next time you shop!
- 10/14 – 10/20: Breyers Ice Cream, 1.5 qt, BOGO $5.65 +
- 10/14 – 10/20: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream or Frozen Dessert 1 pt ctn or Cookie Dough Chunks or Half Baked Brownie Dough, 6 or 8 oz pouch, BOGO $4.10 – $5.79
- 10/9 – 10/22: $2 Off Any 1 Klondike Cones or Good Humor Viennetta Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer Valid 10/9 to 10/22