This post is sponsored by King’s Hawaiian. All comments and opinions are my own.
Every kid that I have ever met always loves pizza. But, fitting a pizza in the lunch box isn’t exactly easy. That is unless you pile all that great pizza taste into a sandwich!
A Pizza Melt Sandwich is just as easy to prepare as a basic grilled cheese. But with the addition of tasty pizza toppings, you get a flavor combo that just can’t be beat. Serve with a little pizza sauce for dipping and you end up with a kid-favorite meal with very little effort.
While you could make this sandwich with any sliced bread, here at my house KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread is the bread of choice. The slightly sweet bread pairs perfectly with the salty cheese and the must-have pepperoni for amazing taste that will be a welcome addition to any lunch box!
Head into the deli at your local Publix and look for all your favorite King’s Hawaiian products. With a variety of products including sliced bread, sub rolls, slider buns, hamburger buns and more, you’ll find just what you need to take the lunch box from boring to extraordinary.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- mini pepperoni, crumbled sausage, black olives or any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Pizza sauce for serving.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and the bread to the pan, butter-side down.
- Sprinkle each piece of bread with cheese and pepperoni (plus any additional pizza topping you love).
- Cook until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is golden and then flip the bread together to form the sandwich.
- Cut and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
And when you serve up that great taste that everyone loves, you can help those in need too!
Just snap a pic of your kiddo’s tasty lunch before September 30, 2021 and upload it to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #KHShareOurBread*.
Great taste and a great cause, what could be better?! Try my Pizza Melt Sandwich and let me know what you think. Add @iheartpublix to your post so I can see all those tasty meals too!
*King’s Hawaiian will donate $5 to No Kid Hungry for every public post shared using #KHShareOurBread between August 15 – September 30, 2021 up to $25,000. $1 can help provide up to 10 meals. Meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief. No Kid Hungry does not provide individual meals; your donations help support programs that feed kids. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar.