This post is sponsored by King’s Hawaiian. All comments and opinions are my own.
Packing lunch boxes each and every day can get very boring and monotonous. Just think, if you get bored making the same things each week… just think how your kiddo feels having to eat the same thing all of the time!
With King’s Hawaiian Sliced Honey Wheat Bread you can add some fun and excitement to lunchtime.
Grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are pretty standard items in a lunch box, so why not take the best parts of both and combine into a tasty new sandwich. A Grilled Brie and Apple Sandwich is the perfect marriage of melty cheese with tasty jam plus the perfect crunch of apple. All of that stuffed between delicious King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian and Honey Wheat Sliced Bread will ensure your kiddo’s lunch is anything but boring!
- 2 slices KING’S HAWAIIAN® Honey Wheat Sliced Bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 oz brie cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam (or any flavor of jam you love)
- apple, sliced thin
- Spread the jam on on one piece of the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Honey Wheat Sliced Bread. Top with apple slices and then the sliced brie. Finish with the other piece of bread.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat and cook the sandwich until golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden and cheese is melted.
- To create the bear face simply add an apple slice on top of the sandwich. Use a little honey or peanut butter to stick a blueberry on top to create a nose,
- Add a couple more blueberries for eyes and cut an apple slice in half for the ears,
- Serve and enjoy.
And if you have little ones, with a little imagination and a little extra fruit, you can make the sandwich even more exciting. A Bear-y Good Grilled Brie and Apple Sandwich is as easy as adding cut apple slices and blueberries to the top of the sandwich to create a fun bear face that is sure to be welcome addition come lunchtime!
Upgrade the lunch box with the great taste of King’s Hawaiian. And when you do, you’ll give your family the taste they love and you can help those in need too!
Just snap a pic of your kiddo’s tasty lunch before September 30, 2021 and upload it to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #KHShareOurBread*.
Great taste and a great cause, what could be better?! Find all your favorite King’s Hawaiian products in the deli at your local Publix.
* King’s Hawaiian will donate $5 to No Kid Hungry for every public post shared using #KHShareOurBread between August 15 – September 30, 2021 up to $25,000. $1 can help provide up to 10 meals. Meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief. No Kid Hungry does not provide individual meals; your donations help support programs that feed kids. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar.