This post is sponsored by Ronzoni. All comments and opinions are my own.
Looking for a satisfying meal option for this back to school season that won’t leave you with a huge mess to clean up afterward? This One Pot Thin Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe from Ronzoni is favorite at my house.
Usually you’d have to boil water in one pan, bake up meatballs on another and heat up the sauce in a third. But, this recipe is one of my favorites as the entire meal cooks in one pan. It makes for easy prep AND easy clean up!
And on days when you know you’ll be short on time, you can knock out one step and prep the meatballs ahead of time. So what are you waiting for? This is a meal that is sure to please!
To get started you just mix up the meatballs and roll them into 1-inch balls.
Add some butter and oil to the pan and brown the meatballs on all sides. Don’t worry if they aren’t completely cooked through. You’ll be adding them back to the sauce so they’ll have time to cook completely.
Once they are browned, transfer them to a plate.
The sauce is quick and easy to make. Cook some onion then stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and some chicken broth. Bring the sauce to a boil then add the Ronzoni Thin Spaghetti and your meatballs back to the pan, cover and reduce the heat. The noodles and the sauce cook up and dinner is done in about 15 minutes.
This is just one of the delicious recipes you can find at Ronzoni.com. When you need some extra inspiration or ideas for meals on your busy weeknight, head over and scroll through the different options. You’ll find a ton of recipes, including plenty of gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly options for all diet types. Whenever it’s time to slow things down and bring your family around the table for a home-cooked meal that’s bursting with flavor, Ronzoni is the name to reach for.
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Ronzoni® Thin Spaghetti
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 8 oz lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- Mix together beef, pork, ¼ cup Parmesan, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, ½ tsp each salt and pepper, fennel, oregano and chili flakes. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook meatballs, in batches if needed, for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to plate.
- Cook onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Add meatballs and spaghetti. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and meatballs are cooked through. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir in remaining Parmesan, and basil