This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
There are lots of things that go into my weekly menu planning. I start by looking at what I have on hand and then go to the ad to check what’s on sale. I look for any way to get the most bang for my buck!
So with great programs like the Mix & Match Grocery Rewards powered by Fetch Rewards, I can put together a great meal at a great price. With this promo you get a $5 Publix gift card when you mix and match $15 of your favorite Unilever brands and products, then submit your receipt to Fetch Rewards app.
I look at the program as a way to serve up dinner with a perk.
With meals like my Rosemary Garlic Roast Chicken with Rice Salad, I can pick up everything I need for a tasty meal AND get a gift card… win/win!
For this dish, I use Hellmann’s Roasted Garlic Sauce. That bottle is the quick and easy way to add huge flavor to what might otherwise be a boring meal. The secret is to use the sauce on top AND underneath the skin. You end up with roast chicken that’s super moist and extremely flavorful.
And when it’s paired with a quick and easy Rice Salad using the quick convenience of Knorr’s Sides, you end up with great taste without a ton of effort. Simply toss the cooked rice with some beans, tomatoes, green onion and a light vinaigrette. You can even throw in any other veggie that your family loves to make it your own!
- 4 – 5 pound whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann’s Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the Hellmann’s Roasted Garlic Sauce with 1/8 tea black pepper and the rosemary.
- Use your fingers or the handle of a wooden or stainless spoon to gently lift the skin from the breast meat -[i] basically creating a pocket between the skin and meat.[/i]
- Gently push the sauce into that pocket trying not to tear the skin. [i](I find it easier to push the sauce under the skin with my fingers then work on top of the skin to gently move it around over the whole breast).[/i]
- You can repeat this process for the thigh area as well.
- Rub the remaining tablespoon of the Hellmann’s Roasted Garlic Sauce all over the bird and sprinkle the chicken with the salt and remaining pepper.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking dish and cook for 75 to 90 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
If you plan ahead and grab a big enough bird you can use the leftovers to whip up easy chicken sandwich for lunch. Spread some Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on bread and stack some of the sliced leftover chicken with lettuce and tomato for a midday meal that’s better than any deli sandwich and a fraction of the cost!
One of the things I love most about this promotion is the huge number of qualifying items included. There are literally dozens of brands and hundreds of items across the store that you can get. And it’s not just grocery items that qualify for this promotion. There are lots of favorites from the frozen aisle and plenty of personal care brands to stock up on, too. To take advantage of this promotion, just follow these three easy steps:
- Buy $15 worth of ANY participating Unilever products at Publix
- Snap a photo of your receipt(s) in the Fetch Rewards app
- Earn a $5 gift card and use it to save even more at Publix
It doesn’t get much easier than that, right? Remember you must download the Fetch Rewards app to participate, just text UNILEVER to 467-467 to download the app and get started.
And keep in mind that you can earn up to FOUR $5 gift cards with this promotion! That’s a total of $20 in savings for each household, all for loading up on your favorite products from the Unilever family of products. Oh, and don’t forget to scan every receipt, just in case some of the items you picked up qualify. You won’t know unless you try!