This post is sponsored by Kraft Heinz Foods Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
Trying to feed my guys can be a challenge. Giving them choices almost never works because they can’t make a decision. Luckily when they can’t decide between a burger or a Cuban sandwich…I give them both! Yep, my Cuban Burger is the best of both worlds and takes the basic burger to another level.
The best part, serving up this amazing burger is quick and easy.
My Cuban Burger starts with a basic beef burger. Grill up some burgers and then right before they come off the grill, add a slice of Swiss cheese and let it melt. When it comes time to build your burger, you start by adding some Heinz Mustard to the bottom bun, Next comes your grilled burger followed by some sliced ham. Pile on some shredded pork and a couple of pickles the squeeze on even more Heinz Mustard and you have a meal that just can’t be beat.
So the next time you can’t get your crew to make a decision at dinnertime, make it for them and serve up a batch of Cuban Burgers.
- Approximately 1⅓ lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 sliced of ham
- 4 oz shredded pork
- Dill pickles
- Heinz Mustard
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Season the ground beef with the salt and pepper and shape in 4 equal sized patties.
- Grill the burgers for 6 to 7 minutes total (for medium burgers), flipping the burgers at least once during cooking. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
- Grill the buns if desired.
- Before removing the burgers from the grill, add the cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
- Spread Heinz Mustard on the bottom bun then top with the grilled burger.
- Add 2 slices of ham and then 1 oz of shredded pork.
- Top with dill pickles and more Heinz Mustard.
- Add the top bun and serve!
Publix has everything you need to grill up something tasty! You can find everything you need to whip up a Cuban Burger or any of your favorite burger recipes at your local Publix. Pick up delicious Heinz sauces and get creative!
And, for more great recipes including how to grill a burger indoors, visit Publix Online Cooking School.