This post is sponsored by Clemens Food Group®. All comments and opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season to take the cooking outdoors! If you ask me, grilling season is the best time of year.
Now that we can finally gather with friends and family, I plan on hosting as many cookouts as I possibly can. I figure I need to make up for lost time. So my grill will definitely get a workout this summer.
I like to keep my cookout menu simple so that I can focus on spending time with my guests and not having to tend to the food. But that doesn’t mean my menu has to be plain or bland. With a little bit of planning, I can serve up amazing flavor without a lot of effort.
Skip the boring chips and pre-made potato salads. Why give your guests something boring when you can serve up a flavorful pasta salad instead?! My Summer Corn And Bacon Pasta Salad Recipe is always a huge hit at my gatherings. The bright colors and big flavor make it irresistible when added to a BBQ buffet!
The best part, if you do a little prep before your guests arrive you can have this colorful and super flavorful side ready to go in a flash.
The morning of my cookout, I just add a few extra slices of that delicious Hatfield Thick Cut Bacon to my skillet. My guys get that amazing flavor for breakfast and I have enough ready when it’s time to put together the pasta salad.
And since the pasta and vinaigrette can also be prepped ahead of time, you can have most everything ready even before your guests arrive.
Really all that you have to do is add the corn to the grill and then it just a matter of tossing everything together in a bowl. Add a spoon and watch it disappear!
The sweet corn pairs perfectly with the smoky, savory Hatfield Bacon. And the pop of freshness from the basil vinaigrette and tomatoes make this the ultimate side to pair with any protein you grill up.
Be sure to clip the new digital coupon and you’ll save on your next purchase!
Hatfield Bacon, 16 oz, $5.99
–$1.50/1 Hatfield Bacon Publix Digital Coupon
$4.49 after coupon.
- 6 slices of Hatfield Thick Sliced Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 oz pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add corn, pasta and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the basil, lemon juice, shallop, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Toss the pasta, corn and tomatoes with the basil vinaigrette then top with the crumbled Hatfield Bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hatfield Bacon is the perfect addition to this or any of your favorite recipes. This delicious bacon has been a staple for families up north for many years and now it’s available at your local Publix. I prefer the thick cut bacon for my recipe, but you can mix and match with any variety that you love!
- Hatfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon – The classic, now thicker sliced! It’s a Hatfield family tradition.
- Hatfield Applewood Smoked Bacon – Enjoy their beloved Applewood bacon—richer, heartier, smokier, and now thicker sliced!
- Hatfield Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon – This delicious thick cut bacon has the same great taste as the favorite Hatfield bacon. But there’s more bacon to love, because it’s thick bacon.
Grab your ingredients the next time you shop at Publix and if you haven’t taken the time to enter my giveaway, be sure to head over and enter while you can. Remember, five readers will each win a $50 Publix gift card to try all three delicious varieties of Hatfield Bacon for FREE!