This post is sponsored by MorningStar Farms. All comments and opinions are my own.
Have you been thinking about eating less meat but aren’t quite ready to commit to a salad-only diet? The good news is you don’t have to! With so many yummy new plant-based options hitting the market, you can still enjoy your favorite types of food without sacrificing all the meaty flavors and textures you love.
One of my favorite options is from the folks at MorningStar Farms. Their new Incogmeato line of plant-based protein is revolutionizing the way we think about meatless eating. Usually when we say something tastes like chicken it means that it’s drab and boring, but in this case it’s a compliment! Incogmeato Chik’n Tenders and Nuggets are crispy and crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and taste just like the real thing.
With two boys at my house, chicken tenders and chicken nuggets are a staple food. So finding a plant-based alternative is big in my world. Besides being a good source of complete daily protein, the Chik’n Tenders have 28% less fat than chicken tenders†, and the Chik’n Nuggets have 45% less than chicken nuggets††! They’re also made from environmentally friendly non-GMO soy. My guys love the flavor, and I love how easy it is to give them a tasty meal with very little effort!
Whether served as the main dish or a snack, your family gets big flavor without the meat. And both products are super versatile so don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen. While both are great for dipping, they are also perfect used in tasty sandwiches, subs, wraps, and more. One of my favorite ways to use them is in my Thai Chik’n Tenders Flatbread recipe.
You’ll be amazed how easy it is to pack so much flavor into one tasty dish! Grab a few ingredients and shake up pizza night.
- 2 large flatbread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 – 10 Incogmeato Chik’n Tenders, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 – 3 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the Incogmeato Chik’n according to package directions.
- While the chicken cooks prepare the sauce by whisking the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic and chili paste in a small bowl.
- Microwave the sauce for 30 seconds and whisk to combine, adding water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Arrange flatbreads on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush top of each flatbread with 2 teaspoons oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with the cooked Incogmeato Chik’n and drizzle with the prepared peanut sauce.
- Top with radish, carrots and cilantro then slice and serve.
Whether you’ve been searching for vegan-friendly nuggets and tenders or just looking for a quick, easy way to take a break from meat every now and then, these Incogmeato Chik’n Tenders and Nuggets are must-haves for your freezer. Right now you can stock your freezer and save BIG! Head to the frozen aisle at your local Publix and look for both items on sale buy one, get one FREE!
Incogmeato® MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Tenders or Nuggets 13.5 oz, BOGO $6.99
Grab both and enjoy 100% plant-based protein that tastes great!
†Chicken Tenders contain 12g total fat per serving (90g). MorningStar Farms Incogmeato Chik’n Tenders contain 9g total fat per serving (90g). ††Chicken Nuggets, white meat contain 13g total fat per serving (86g). MorningStar Farms Incogmeato Chik’n Nuggets contain 7g total fat per serving (86g).