This post is sponsored by Kraft Heinz Foods Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
When you think of slaw, a burger might not be the first thing that comes to mind. But, I think it should!
While I love a good hot dog topped with lots of tasty slaw, my Sweet Chili Chicken Burgers will give any hot diggity a run for it’s money.
While sometimes I like my burger overloaded with cheese and tons of toppings, that’s not always a requirement for big flavor. Even though this burger may seem kind of basic, it’s anything but boring. The crunchy slaw atop a juicy chicken burger with the addition of more Heinz Chili Sauce combines for a mouthful of big flavor!
It’s crazy simple to prepare and you end up with a burger with lots of taste AND texture. It’s a little bit sweet and a little bit savory. And the slaw makes it a little crunchy while the soft bakery bun adds that soft texture for the perfect balance that just can’t be beat!
This is one of my favorite prep-ahead recipes. Like most slaws, this one gets better the longer it sits. So I will often make the slaw for this recipe the day before and then prep my burgers the next morning. That way when dinnertime rolls around, I can throw the burgers on the grill and dinner is ready in less than 15 minutes. On a busy weeknight, this recipe is a dream come true!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce + additional for serving
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 10 oz angel hair shredded coleslaw mix (or finely shredded cabbage)
- ¼ cup slivered red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, dijon mustard, celery seed and black pepper until combined.
- Add the shredded coleslaw mix and onion to a medium bowl and toss with the prepared dressing and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground chicken with the breadcrumbs, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of Heinz Chili Sauce then shape in 4 equal sized patties.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Grill the burgers for 6 to 7 minutes total (of until cooked through), flipping the burgers at least once during cooking. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
- To serve, place each patty on the bottom bun, top with a generous serving of the prepared slaw, some fresh cilantro and drizzle with additional Heinz Chili sauce.
- Add the top bun and serve.
Publix has everything you need to make my Sweet Chili Chicken Burger when you need a tasty meal that’s quick and easy! Grab your ingredients and you can have a tasty meal in a flash. And be sure to clip that big digital coupon!
Buy any 3 Kraft Heinz Ketchup, Mayo, Mustard (8oz or larger) , save $3 on Publix brand ground meat (any variety) Publix Digital Coupon
Don’t forget the next time you whip up YOUR favorite burger, be sure to snap a picture and submit it to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest.
Heinz wants you to unleash your inner burger artist and treat every burger as a work of art, so they are giving us the opportunity to submit delicious burger masterpieces to their contest. By submitting your burger masterpiece to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest, you could win one of hundreds of prizes including fun swag or even the huge 25,000 grand prize with some fabulous perks…including a lifetime supply of Heinz Ketchup, Mustard & Relish!
Get creative and whip up your own tasty burger with any of your favorite Heinz sauces. With so many different options to choose from, you can stick with something traditional or go wild with lots of different flavors and textures.
Entry is really simple. Just submit your photo to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest with a short description including the Heinz condiment or sauce starring as the subject in your burger… easy breezy!What are you waiting for? Grab your favorite Heinz sauce at your local Publix and put burgers on your menu this week. Your family will get great taste and you could win a really big prize.
NO PURCHASE OF KRAFT HEINZ PRODUCTS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Enter contest by: 7/19/21. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.HeinzArtoftheBurger.com