This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All comments and opinions are my own.
Cucumbers are one of those almost forgotten items of the produce aisle. I happen to be a huge fan…cucumbers are crisp and refreshing and actually very versatile. But some folks get lost on what to do with them. How do I prepare them, what should I serve them with? Well, if you’re looking for a light and crisp summer entertaining idea, here’s an appetizer you’re going to want to check out…my Stuffed Cucumber Bites.
Your guests will love the taste and you’ll love how simple they are to prepare. You can whip up a big plate of these tasty appetizers in a flash.
Just mix a little fresh dill and some cracked black pepper with some of that creamy, delicious Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread. You can then spoon or pipe the mixture onto thick slices of cucumber.
I take an extra step and use a piping tip to remove the seeds and then pipe the cream cheese into the hole. But, if you are in a hurry, a simple scoop on top works just as well. Garnish with a little extra dill and set out on a platter…then watch them disappear at your next gathering. Summer entertaining really can be that easy when you make Tillamook part of the plan.
- 1 - 2 large English Cucumbers
- 4 oz Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut the cucumber into ½" slices.
- Core out the seed with a piping tip (if desired).
- Add the cream cheese, dill and cracked pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine,
- Spoon or pipe the mixture onto the cucumber slices (or into the hole if the seeds have been removed).
- Garnish with additional dill, if desired.
The Tillamook farmer-owned co-op dates back over a century, and you can taste that tradition in every bite of their delicious dairy products. Based in namesake Tillamook, Oregon, their farmers are dedicated to raising healthier cows, which means better milk for tastier cheeses, dairy-based desserts, and more. The Tillamook motto is to do right by every bite.
Right now you can serve up great taste and get great savings. Clip the digital coupon and save on tasty Tillamook Cheese products at your local Publix.