This post is sponsored by Clemens Food Group®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Bacon is one of my all-time favorite foods. While many only consider it a breakfast food, I think that the taste and versatility make it the ultimate addition to almost any meal.
In fact, bacon is probably on my dinner menu more often that it’s on my breakfast menu. It is the perfect compliment to meats and vegetables and I think it’s especially tasty when that savory flavor is paired with something sweet. So I pair bacon and fruit as often as possible… the combination is absolutely amazing.
And now that grilling season is in full swing, I like to pull out tasty recipes like my Bacon Wrapped Aloha Chicken. It brings together fantastic flavors and textures in a meal that your whole family will love.
Publix has everything you need to put this tasty meal on your table. Grab some chicken, ham, cheese and a package of delicious Hatfield Bacon and you are in business. Toss together a quick pineapple salsa and your family will come running to the table.
Hatfield Bacon is the perfect addition to my recipe. This delicious bacon has been a staple for families up north for many years and now it’s available at your local Publix. Available in three varieties, any would taste amazing in my recipe… but I suggest either the Hardwood or Applewood Smoked Bacon as they will be easier to use when wrapping the chicken.
- Hatfield Hardwood Smoked Bacon – The classic, now thicker sliced! It’s a Hatfield family tradition.
- Hatfield Applewood Smoked Bacon – Enjoy their beloved Applewood bacon—richer, heartier, smokier, and now thicker sliced!
- Hatfield Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon – This delicious thick cut bacon has the same great taste as the favorite Hatfield bacon. But there’s more bacon to love, because it’s thick bacon.
To get started, simply pound out chicken breast until it’s about 1/2″ thin and top with some cheese and diced ham.
Roll the chicken tightly to seal in the filling.
Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with plenty of that delicious Hatfield Bacon. You’re going to want to completely cover the chicken, so don’t be afraid to be generous with the bacon. Make sure to tuck the ends to secure the package.
Once the grill is good and hot, cook the wrapped chicken for 20 minutes, giving them a turn every 4 minutes or so.
Then, once the bacon starts to crisp, it’s time to break out the teriyaki sauce. Baste each roll generously and continue cooking another 5 – 8 minutes. Keep turning and basting every 2 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve with pineapple salsa and enjoy!
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (approx ¼ cup of lime juice)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Havarti or Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup chopped ham
- 8 - 12 lices of Hatfield bacon (regular slices --not thick sliced bacon)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- Make the pineapple salsa by mixing all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Pound the chicken between parchment paper until about ½ inch thin.
- Top each pounded chicken breast with ham and cheese.
- Starting from the short end roll the chicken tightly.
- Wrap each chicken roll with 2 - 3 slices of Hatfield Bacon. Be sure to alternate each strip to cover the whole piece of chicken and tuck the ends under the side of the bacon strip.
- Heat your grill to medium (about 375º) and grill the chicken over indirect heat for about 20 minutes, turning every 4 minutes.
- Baste each chicken roll with teriyaki sauce and cook an additional 5 - 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes and basting as you go.
- Be sure chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve the chicken with the prepared pineapple salsa
Grab your ingredients the next time you shop at Publix and if you haven’t taken the time to enter my giveaway, be sure to head over and enter while you can. Remember, five readers will each win a $50 Publix gift card to try all three delicious varieties of Hatfield Bacon for FREE!