This post is sponsored by Kraft Heinz Foods Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but when I think about the deli, it’s the classic reuben sandwich that comes to mind first. All that pastrami piled high with swiss cheese and sauerkraut, plus a pickle and chips on the side? Delicious. If I’m in a deli-style restaurant and there’s a reuben on the menu, anything else is a hard sell by comparison.
The only way to make it better? Turn it into a burger, of course!
To start, you’ll need your favorite burger patties and some slices of swiss cheese. Grill or fry them to your desired level of doneness, topping with the cheese at the end just to let it melt. Meanwhile, dress some toasted pretzel buns with plenty of Heinz mayonnaise, Heinz Ketchup, and lots of Heinz Sweet Relish. This is a deconstructed version of the traditional reuben dressing…but don’t worry, one big bite and all those flavors meld together perfectly!
Add your burger to that dressed bun and layer on plenty of pastrami and sauerkraut for the perfect at-home deli masterpiece, all without having to take a number or wait to be seated.
And thanks to the coupon you can get savings when you create your best burger. Load the high value digital coupon and save now at Publix.
Buy any 3 Kraft Heinz Ketchup, Mayo, Mustard (8oz or larger) , save $3 on Publix brand ground meat (any variety) Publix Digital Coupon
- Approximately 1⅓ lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 oz pastrami, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- Heinz Mayonnaise
- Heinz Ketchup
- Heinz Sweet Relish
- 4 pretzel buns, sliced and toasted
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Mix the ground beef with the seasoned salt and shape in 4 equal sized patties.
- Grill the burgers for 6 to 7 minutes total (for medium burgers), flipping the burgers at least once during cooking. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
- Grill the buns if desired.
- Before removing the burgers from the grill, add the Swiss cheese and allow to melt.
- Build your burger by adding a layer of Heinz Mayonnaise to the bottom bun followed by a tablespoon of Heinz Sweet Relish and some Heinz Ketchup.
- Add the cooked burger then top with about an ounce of Pastrami and about ¼ cup of sauerkraut.
- Add the top bun and serve!
Publix has everything you need to make this reuben burger if you’re feeling adventurous. Whip up this or any of your favorite burgers and be sure to snap a picture and submit it to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest.
Heinz wants you to unleash your inner burger artist and treat every burger as a work of art, so they are giving us the opportunity to submit delicious burger masterpieces for a chance to win BIG! By submitting your burger masterpiece to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest, you could win one of hundreds of prizes including fun swag or even the huge $25,000 grand prize with some fabulous perks…including a lifetime supply of Heinz Ketchup, Mustard & Relish!
Get creative and whip up your own tasty burger with any of your favorite Heinz sauces. With so many different options to choose from, you can stick with something traditional or go wild with lots of different flavors and textures.
Entry is really simple. Just select which sauce category you want to enter your burger and then submit your photo to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest.
What are you waiting for? Grab your favorite Heinz sauce at your local Publix and put burgers on your menu this week. Your family will get great taste and you could win a really big prize.
NO PURCHASE OF KRAFT HEINZ PRODUCTS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Enter contest by: 7/19/21. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.HeinzArtoftheBurger.com