This post is sponsored by Breyers. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you ask me, the ice cream sundae might just be the king of all desserts. The recipe I am sharing today pays homage to that regal treat…but with a special twist that takes it to the next level.
Made with the Breyers Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip frozen dessert, this dessert is a chocoholic’s dream. And you get the added bonus of an edible dish. Hey, who can pass up a little bit of fun at mealtime?! Instead of the traditional glass serving dish, these sundaes up in delicious, easy-to-bake homemade sugar cookie cups for a double whammy of decadent flavors.
The best part, this recipe is super easy and a perfect end to any meal.
First, preheat your oven to 350º F. Then, while your oven is preheating, take a muffin tin and turn it upside down. Press the place-and-bake cookie dough cube over each of the inverted muffin cups to create a bowl-shape, as shown below.
Bake the cookie cups for 14 to 16 minutes or just until the cookie has browned. Be sure not to over-bake or your cookie cup will be fragile and hard to remove from the tin.
If you find that the cookie dough spread during baking, don’t hit the panic button. You can cut the dough so each cup can be removed separately. Once cut, give each of the cookie cups a gentle twist to free them from the muffin tin. You should have 12 cookie cups to work with. If the edges of any are still a bit ragged, you can use a pair of kitchen shears to gently cut away the excess cookie for a more appealing “cup” shape.
Next, melt the white chocolate and place some sprinkles into a shallow bowl.
Give the cups a few minutes to cool completely, then turn them upside down and dip them first into the melted white chocolate, then into the sprinkles.
Once the chocolate coating has harden you are ready to go! Simply drop a scoop of Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip frozen dessert into each cup, and voila! Enjoy as is or top with your favorite non-dairy whipped topping and a maraschino cherry for the classic sundae that is sure to please.
- Refrigerated Place and Bake Sugar Cookies
- ¼ cup Non-dairy white chocolate melting wafers, meted
- ¼ cup colored sprinkles
- Breyers Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert
- Non-dairy whipped topping and maraschino cherries for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down and press each sugar cookie dough cube onto the inverted muffin cups.
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes, just until slightly browned - do not over bake.
- Don't worry if the dough spreads.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 3 -5 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut the dough that might have spread.
- Gently twist the cookie off the muffin tin and remove all 12 cookie cups.
- Use kitchen sheers to cut away any excess cookie and round the cup edges.
- Once completely cooled, turn the cookie cup upside down and dip into the melted white chocolate then dip into the sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate harden then fill the cookie cups with a scoop of Breyers Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert. Top with non-dairy whipped topping, additional sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
Remember, these new offerings are made with real almond milk and have the same rich and creamy taste that just can’t be beat. Breyers Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip dairy dessert is made with real almond milk, real cocoa, and filled with loads of chocolatey chips – there’s no milk in sight. Even those who usually shy away from delicious ice cream can rejoice and join in, with this delicious treat! Choose either flavor (Chocolate Chocolate Chip or Mint Chocolate Chip) and enjoy a delightful treat without the dairy!
Breyers Ice Cream, 1.5 qt, BOGO $5.65
–$0.50/1 Breyers (48 oz.) product (Publix Digital Coupon)
-$1/1 Breyers Product, 05/23/21 (exp 6/5/21) [48 oz].
–$1 off Breyers 48oz Product AND any (1) Hershey’s Syrup 17.5-48oz
As low as $1.83 after coupon.
Take advantage of the sale and try one of the new varieties or choose from lots of other tasty frozen treats like their classic flavors or the Cookies & Candies frozen dairy desserts that are loaded with loaded with other candy favorites. Get your favorites and grab savings as part of the Publix ad valid 5/27 to 6/2 (5/26 to 6/1 for some).