This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All comments and opinions are my own.
Summer is the season for entertaining, so I thought I’d get you ready to party with a quick and easy appetizer idea that is super simple but also crazy delicious…my Bacon & Chive Cheese Stackers!
The combination of the Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese and that velvety cream cheese is simple but oh so delicious. I will often vary the flavors that I mix in—but this bacon and chive version is always a huge hit. But don’t feel limited…use this recipe as a starting point and feel free to experiment. Dried fruits and nuts are a great mix in. I have also done fresh dill and ranch seasoning. Pair your favorite flavors and serve with some crackers and you have a quick and easy app that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family!
Tillamook is my preferred brand for this elevated take on the classic cheese and cracker plate. Those farmstyle thick slices just make the prep super easy. Thin cheese slices can be hard to work with, and since you can’t beat the flavor of Tillamook… it’s a win/win!.
Of course that rich and creamy Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread is perfect for spreading, making it a no brainer for this dish. With no additives, it’s cream cheese the way it was meant to taste.
To get started mix in some bacon pieces and fresh chives into a tub of Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread. Set that aside and prep your dish. I find it’s easiest to line a glass bread pan with some plastic wrap allowing the wrap to overhang the dish. This helps with the removal of the cheese when it’s ready.
Once your dish has been lined, lay out two slices of Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Next you want to spread half of the prepared cream cheese spread over the bottom layer of cheese.
Repeat the layers once more and end with a layer of the cheddar slices.
Push the excess wrap over the cheese and refrigerate the dish for at least an hour, or until set. It’s that easy…you can have this tasty app assembled in less than five minutes.
After the cheese has set, pull the cheese from the pan using the wrap. Use a sharp knife to cut into bite size pieces. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- 7 oz tub of Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread
- 6 sliced Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sliced Cheddar
- ¼ cup bacon pieces (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Line a loaf pan (8.5" x4 .5" x 2.5") with plastic wrap allowing about ½" overhang.
- Add the cream cheese, bacon and chives to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of the loaf pan with 2 slices of cheese.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the layer of sliced cheese.
- Top with another layer of sliced cheese and then spread the remaining cream cheese over top.
- Finish with a final layer of sliced cheese.
- Fold the excess wrap over the cheese and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until set.
- Remove the cheese loaf from the pan and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve with crackers.
The Tillamook farmer-owned co-op dates back over a century, and you can taste that tradition in every bite of their delicious dairy products. Based in namesake Tillamook, Oregon, their farmers are dedicated to raising healthier cows, which means better milk for tastier cheeses, dairy-based desserts, and more. The Tillamook motto is to do right by every bite. When it comes to my family, that’s my motto, too. Give the Tillamook line of cheeses and cream cheeses a try and I know they’ll become a regular fixture on your shopping list, just like mine.
And to help you put this dish together, I’ve got a couple digital coupons that will help you save BIG!
Look for lots of tasty Tillamook cheese products in the dairy aisle at your local Publix.