This post is sponsored by Breyers. All comments and opinions are my own.
To me, few things say it’s summer like a delicious ice cream sandwich. The soft cookie and that cool, creamy filling combine for the perfect combination of finger-licking satisfaction.
These tasty treats are easier to make at home than you might think…especially with my recipe and a little Breyers non-diary frozen desserts! Yep, these treats are perfect for everyone, including folks who need a dairy-free option! Just grab a carton of Breyers Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip frozen dessert and a box of your favorite brownie mix and you are in business!
Made with real almond milk, real peppermint extract, and loads of chocolatey chips, Breyers Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip frozen dessert has the same rich and creamy taste of regular ice cream. You get a delightful treat without the dairy! Tip: many of the boxed brownie mixes are non-dairy, but double check the ingredients when you shop.
To get started, simply prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Then take two 8” x 8” glass pans, line them with parchment paper, then divide the batter between each pan. (Be sure to leave a bit of paper overhang so you can easily remove the brownies once they are done.)
Bake the brownies for approximately 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Give the brownies plenty of time to cool the spread a layer of that tasty Breyers Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip frozen dessert on top of one of the brownie sheets. Remove the second sheet from its pan and use it to create the top sandwich layer.
From there you’ll take the pan with the brownie layers and and place it in the freezer. In about 8 to 12 hours, you are ready to cut squares and serve! This recipe makes twelve bars, but if you happen to have any leftovers, they can be frozen up to one month when stored in plastic wrap or parchment.
- 1 boxed brownie mix* + required mix ingredients (eggs, water, oil)
- 1 quart Breyers Non Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert, softened slightly
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to directions.
- Divide the batter and pour into two 8x8" glass pan fitted with parchment paper. Allow a small overhang of paper to allow for easy removal.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pans,
- Once cooled, spread the softened Non-Dairy Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert on top of one of the cooked brownie sheet.
- Top with the second brownie sheet and place the pan into the freezer for at least 8 - 12 hours, or until set.
- Using the parchment, remove the filled brownies from the pan.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 equal squares.
- Wrap any leftover brownie sandwiches with plastic wrap or parchment and store in the freezer up to one month.
Sale valid as part of the Publix ad that runs 5/27 to 6/2 (5/26 to 6/1 for some).