This post is sponsored by B&G. All comments and opinions are my own.
We are all busy and some days can be a little bit more hectic than others. I try to keep a few quick and simple recipe ideas tucked in my pocket to pull out on days when things are especially hectic.
One of my all-time favorites is Salmon Foil Packets. While they are simple to prepare, the end result is absolutely incredible. You can toss in just about any veggie and end up with a tasty meal in a flash. The key is Dash Seasoning! That one bottle is the easiest way to add flavor to my salmon, chicken, beef, veggies and so much more!
Dash Seasonings are the salt-free alternative for spicing up your favorite meals. Each blend contains a multitude of spices so you can enjoy great flavor without the salt. Now there’s no need to sacrifice taste to eat healthy! Smarter cooking really is that simple with Dash. This is especially great news for those on low-sodium diets, but also anyone looking to eat and snack healthier in general.
For my salmon, I love to use Dash Everything But The Salt blend. It has lots of dried onion, dried garlic, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. I just add it to some melted butter and sometimes extra garlic (just because I am a garlic fanatic) and pour it over the salmon and veggies and then seal the aluminum and in about 15 minutes, dinner is DONE!
If you want a full meal in the pouch, mix about 1/4 cup of couscous with 1/4 cup of boiling water (per serving) and put it in the foil right before you seal it up and you have your protein, veggie and starch in one convenient package that you simply open and enjoy.
What’s great is that you can mix and match and give everyone exactly what they love. Don’t like asparagus, add broccoli instead. Try it with corn or green beans… serve up anything that you love!
Remember, Publix carries a huge selection of fantastic Dash Seasonings and right now you can grab your favorites at a great price. Stock your pantry with great taste and save!
Dash Seasoning Blend, 2 to 2.5 oz, $2.79
- (4) 5 - 6 oz portions of salmon
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Dash Everything But The Salt Seasoning
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan then add the garlic and Dash Seasoning. Mix to combine then set aside.
- Divide the asparagus and place with a piece of fish in the center of each of four 18x12 inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Mix the boiling water and couscous then place ¼ cup of couscous on each sheet ov foil beside the veggies.
- Pour the butter mixture over the fish, veggies and couscous.
- Create the foil pouch by folding the top and then the sides, sealing the pouch tightly yet leaving room for air to circulate.
- Bake in 425º F oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets, allowing the steam to escape, and enjoy!
Look for your favorite varieties of Dash Seasoning Blend on sale as part of the Publix Extra Savings Flyer Valid 4/24 to 5/7.