This post is sponsored by Garden Fresh Gourmet. All comments and opinions are my own.
We are at the end of April so you know what is just around the corner…Cinco de Mayo! You have a little less than a week to get prepped for your fiesta.
So what’s on your menu?
I love any excuse to celebrate and Cinco de Mayo is the perfect opportunity to gather those closest to you for some tasty food and lots of fun! But, since May 5th falls on a Wednesday this year, you probably want to keep your menu easy yet still super tasty. Well, I have a great idea that offers up great taste without a lot of effort. Instead of the typical taco spread, why not fire up the grill and serve up tin foil nachos?!
This is one of the easiest ways to feed 2, 4, 20 people or even more! You simply put out various nacho toppers, some pre-cut foil squares and then let each person build their own south of the border feast.
When it comes to your fixings’ there are a few must-haves. Nacho chips and shredded cheese are definitely your base ingredients. The addition of a protein such as ground beef, chicken or shredded pork will give the nachos some substance. From there, it’s all about layering on the flavor. And when it comes to flavor, the must-have ingredient for my nachos is lots of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa!
Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa is America’s #1 refrigerated salsa brand for a reason. The quality and the taste make it the perfect addition to this recipe and so many other tasty meals. Made with fresh ingredients, the salsa adds great flavor that take these nachos from basic to extraordinary.
With three tasty varieties you are sure to find your perfect flavor!
Garden Fresh Gourmet® Thick N’ Chunky Salsa – Each scoop delivers a bounty of chunky tomatoes, fresh onions, jalapenos, and cilantro so bring a mighty tortilla chip to this bowl.
Garden Fresh Gourmet® Sweet Onion Salsa – Deliciously juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, green bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers. Yum.
Garden Fresh Gourmet® Organic Restaurant Style Medium Salsa – This salsa blends certified organic ingredients like juicy tomatoes, bold garlic flavor, and a kick of jalapeños, to deliver flavor with spice.
If you have lots of folks making nachos, it might be easier to set up two stations. I’ll often create a prep station and then a topping station. I find it helps with the flow and allows folks to get their food a bit quicker.
I have the base recipe listed below. Just keep in mind that this recipe is open to lots of modifications. Feel free to make it your own.
- Heavy duty foil cut into 15×18″ sheets
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Cooked chicken, ground beef, shredded pork or your favorite protein
- Black Beans
- Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa
- Your favorite nacho topping such as: lettuce, cilantro, chopped onion, black olives, jalapeños, sour cream, etc
- Preheat your grill for medium direct heat.
- Add a handful of chips to the middle of the foil sheet.
- Top with cheese and the protein.
- Add a little corn and black beans, if desired.
- Carefully seal all edges of the foil to form enclosed packets. Place packets on the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the chips are warm and the cheese has melted.
- Open the foil and add a big scoop of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa and any additional topping.
Look for delicious Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa on sale now. Pick up great taste at a great price.
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa, 16 oz, $3.79 (reg $4.99)
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa, Thick and Chunky, 16 oz, $2.79 (reg $3.99)
When you are gathering your ingredients to make these nachos or any other tasty meal, visit the Publix Deli and grab a couple of containers of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa. Look for three chef inspired recipes, all crafted in small batches, for the perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo festivities.