This post is sponsored by No Yolks. All comments and opinions are my own.
Want to enjoy the delicious taste of lasagna without turning on your oven?
I have a delicious recipe to share that gives you all the flavor you love in a hearty and delicious soup. Yep, this Meaty Lasagna Noodle Soup is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. You get all that delicious lasagna flavor…but instead of a fork, you eat it with a spoon!
Since we all should have plenty of No Yolks Noodles from the recent BOGO, I thought that I’d give you a way to put the noodles to good use. Of course if you have already polished off your supply, you can grab more in the pasta aisle at Publix.
Gather your ingredients then check out the recipe to see how easy this one is to put together.
You start by browning some ground beef in a big pot with a little salt and pepper. Once the meat has browned just toss in some chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and oregano.
Cook until the veggies start to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes
Next you’ll add the canned tomatoes, chicken broth and a little water.
Bring that to a boil and cook everything until the veggies are tender. I would estimate about 10 – 15 minutes here.
Now it’s time to add the No Yolks Noodles and some fresh basil. Stir everything together and cook about 10 more minutes, until the noodles are done.
Remove the soup from the heat and stir in some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Garnish with a little more fresh basil and serve.
If you’d like to add another layer of flavor. Dish the soup into crocks and top with a little extra cheese then broil until bubbly and golden. That adds that top layer of cheese that everyone loves in a classic lasagna.
Now you are ready to dig in and enjoy a spoonable lasagna that’s packed with great flavor!
- 8 oz No Yolks® Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz lean ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn and divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook ground beef, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned. Stir in onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme and oregano. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until veggies start to soften.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetable are tender and flavors marry.
- Stir in noodles and ¼ cup basil; cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan. Garnish with remaining basil.
Make sure you have plenty for this recipe and all your other favorites. Find several varieties at your local Publix.