This post is sponsored by Eckrich. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love a frittata for many different reasons. Obviously, it’s one of the easiest recipes ever. You can toss just about anything in a frittata and it comes out perfect every single time. In fact, it’s my go-to recipe when it’s time to clean out the fridge. I call it my Clean Out Frittata as I throw in any extra or leftover meats, veggies and cheese that are hiding in my fridge and in dinner is done in about 15 minutes.
But when my guys request a frittata, it will ALWAYS be my Sausage and Shrimp Frittata. Whenever they ask for it, I am happy to add it to the menu. It’s so easy and packed with amazing flavor thanks to Eckrich Sausage.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is Naturally Hardwood Smoked and crafted with just the right blend of spices for a truly rich, savory taste. You get great flavor without a lot of effort or a bunch of extra ingredients.
To get started, just grab your Eckrich Sausage and slice one of the ropes in half and pop it in the oven. You can use the smoked sausage or the Polska Kielbasa…both taste amazing. Choose whichever you prefer and place it cut side down onto a sheet pan. Pop it on the oven and let it go. There’s no need to tend to the sausage, it will cook up and the bottom start to caramelize and delicious.
While the sausage cooks, whisk together the eggs and the milk and go ahead and chop up your veggies.
Add a little oil to the skillet and cook the bell pepper for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the green onion and cook for another minute.
Next comes the shrimp. It goes in the pan for about 2 minutes. Those 2 minutes is just enough time to slice up the cooked Eckrich Sausage and then it goes into the pan too.
Add your creole seasoning and stir to combine.
Now grab the eggs that you mixed up and pour the mixture over all the meat and veggies. Cook the frittata on the stove top for about 3 minutes and then pop the whole thing in the oven and let it bake until it’s set.
That’s it…in less than 30 minutes you have an amazing meal that is super hearty and packed with amazing flavor.
If you need a tasty meal to add to your menu, grab a few ingredients when you shop at Publix and try my Sausage and Shrimp Frittata. I hope you like it as much as we do!
- 1 rope of Eckrich Smoked Sausage
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ pound shrimp, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice one Eckrich Sausage Rope in half lengthwise. Place on baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Once done, cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until combined then set aside.
- Add the olive oil to an oven-safe skillet and cook the bell pepper for 3 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add the green onion and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chopped shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Add the chopped sausage and the creole seasoning and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the meat and veggies and cook on the stove top for 3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.