This post is sponsored by Ronzoni. All comments and opinions are my own.
I think my guys would be very happy if I made spaghetti each and every week. Can you blame them? Spaghetti is a quick and easy dish that everyone loves!
I probably have a dozen or more spaghetti recipes that I can throw together. I choose which to make based on my mood and the amount of time that I have available. When time is short, I’ll boil up some Ronzoni Spaghetti and toss it with a jarred pasta sauce. But when I have a little extra time, this recipe for One-Pot Thin Spaghetti and Meatballs is what I choose.
Usually you’d have to boil water in one pan, bake up meatballs on another and heat up the sauce in a third. But, this recipe is one of my favorites as the entire meal cooks in one pan. It makes for easy prep AND easy clean up!
To get started you just mix up the meatballs and roll them into 1-inch balls.
Add some butter and oil to the pan and brown the meatballs on all sides. Don’t worry if they aren’t completely cooked through. You’ll be adding them back to the sauce so they’ll have time to cook completely.
Once they are browned, transfer them to a plate.
The sauce is quick and easy to make. Cook some onion then stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and some chicken broth. Bring the sauce to a boil then add the Ronzoni Thin Spaghetti and your meatballs back to the pan, cover and reduce the heat. The noodles and the sauce cook up and dinner is done in less than 15 minutes.
Serve with some bread and a side salad and you have a meal that your whole family will love.
This is a great week to add this recipe to your menu. We have a BOGO sale on Ronzoni Pasta starting up on Thursday (Wednesday for some). Pick up a few boxes and then add this recipe to your menu. Look for the BOGO sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 2/4 to 2/10 (2/3 to 2/9 For Some).
Ronzoni Pasta, 10 to 16 oz (Excluding Lasagna, Jumbo Shells, Cauliflower, Turmeric, Super Greens, Organic, and Gluten Free), BOGO $1.69
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Ronzoni® Thin Spaghetti
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 8 oz lean ground pork
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- Mix together beef, pork, ¼ cup Parmesan, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, ½ tsp each salt and pepper, fennel, oregano and chili flakes. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook meatballs, in batches if needed, for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to plate.
- Cook onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Add meatballs and spaghetti. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and meatballs are cooked through. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir in remaining Parmesan, and basil