This post is sponsored by Brooklyn Burger. All comments and opinions are my own.
There are a few meals that I know will make EVERYONE in my family happy. Burgers and pizza are definitely at the top of that list. I know if I put either on the table, my guys will come running.
Every once in a while, I serve up a meal that combines our favorite things in one delicious little package! My Pizza Burger Pockets are definitely a family favorite here at my house. Those pockets of goodness are filled with all our favorite flavors in one perfect little handheld!
I try to keep the makings of these delicious pockets on hand at all times. I always have cheese in the fridge and, I can throw together a pizza dough whenever I need it. Sometimes, I get lazy and just buy the pre-made dough from the Publix bakery. So then I just need the burgers. Luckily, I usually have a couple of boxes of Brooklyn Burger Steakhouse Burgers in my freezer. Those boxes of burgers are great to have handy for a tasty meal in a flash. Obviously they are perfect for a quick meal of grilled burgers but they are crazy handy for a variety of recipes.
You can use either variety of Brooklyn Burger Steakhouse Burgers in this recipe and it will be amazing! Grab a box (or two) the next time you shop. Remember, these burgers are pre-formed and available in two-pound boxes in the Publix frozen aisle.
- BROOKLYN BURGER PREMIUM BLEND STEAKHOUSE BURGER with Chuck, Brisket and Short Rib, 32 oz
- BROOKLYN BURGER PREMIUM BLEND STEAKHOUSE BURGER – 100% ALL NATURAL ANGUS BEEF, 32 oz
What’s great is that you can customize each pocket. Make them all the same or make each one completely different. Just stuff the dough with all your favorite flavors and then seal it up. There’s no need to pull out condiments, buns or anything extra. Everything is tucked neatly into the pocket.
I have a tip that comes in handy if you have a family like mine who all like something different…place a bit of topping on the top of the pocket as a way to mark each one. Once they are baked, it can be next to impossible to tell them apart. I am the only one who likes black olives so I always know which one is mine.
So, it is a pizza or is it a burger? At my house we just call it delicious! Serve with a salad for an amazing meal that is sure to make everyone happy!
- 1 package pizza dough
- 4 Brooklyn Burger Steakhouse Burgers, cooked
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- variety of pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Quarter the pizza dough and stretch to a circle approximately 6" in diameter.
- Add ¼ cup of cheese to the center of each dough circle.
- Add any toppings such as pepperoni, black olives, ground sausage, mushrooms, onions, etc on top of the cheese.
- Pour 1 - 2 tablespoons of sauce over the toppings and then top with a cooked Brooklyn Burger Steakhouse Burgers.
- Stretch the dough over the filling and press to seal.
- Place the dough, seam side down, onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning, if desired.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm with additional pizza sauce.