This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
It’s early in the new year so many of us are really focused on maintaining our resolutions. Most all of us add some kind of heath or wellness goals to the mix.
The trick to maintaining those goals is to start with a specific goal that you can actually achieve. So instead of having a goal to lose weight in 2021…why not set a specific goal? Maybe your goal would be to lose 5 pounds over the next three months. Or instead of setting a goal to eat better in 2021, maybe you set a goal to replace fatty meats with lean proteins, roast or grill your foods instead of frying them.
By breaking down the goal into something specific, you are much more likely to stick with it.
Well over 10 years ago, I decided to add one meatless meal to or weekly menu. While it was a bit difficult at first, now some of our favorite meals are those without meat. So for 2021, I have decided to incorporate at least one fish (or seafood) meal in our weekly menu. It’s my way to replace some of the not-so-healthy meals with something a little healthier.
Of course not all fish/seafood is healthy. Like everything, it’s all about the way you prepare it. If it were up to my guys, they’d request heavily battered fried fish. Instead, I have to come up with tasty options that give them the flavor they love while maintaining the health aspect.
So rather than frying them, I grill my fish and use one of my favorite tricks to add great flavor…Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise!
Yep, a thin coat of mayonnaise offers a couple of benefits. First, it helps the seasoning stay on the fish, making sure it’s flavorful. Second, the mayonnaise provides a thin layer of fat so that the fish won’t stick to the grill. And finally, the mayonnaise helps keep the fish super moist and juicy.
Once the fish is grilled, you can pair with some roasted veggies, serve on a sandwich or atop your favorite salad. You have a better-for-you meal that your whole family will love!
What’s nice is that this trick works with almost any kind of fish. With something this quick and easy, I can definitely make this a part of my weekly meal rotation! I’ll just grab whatever fish is on sale and change up the sides…easy breezy!
Now is the perfect time to add some tasty fish to your menu. Look for a high value Publix coupon in the new Extra Savings Flyer for big savings on Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise and clip the digital coupon and get super savings on Hellmann’s Mayo. You’ll be able to get plenty of mayo for tasty fish AND all your other favorite meals and recipes at a great price!
Extra Savings Flyer Valid January 2nd–15th
- $1.75 OFF Any 1 Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 24-30-oz or Vegan Dressing & Sandwich Spread 24-oz Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 1/2 – 1/15
- $2.50 off any ONE (1) Sir Kensingtonʼs Mayonnaise (12-16 oz) Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 1/2 – 1/15
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise
- About 2 tablespoons of your favorite fish seasoning (need an idea? Try 1/4 teaspoon of each: Salt, dried basil, dried oregano, dried rosemary, garlic powder, red chili flakes, minced onion, black pepper)
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington’s Pepperoncini Italian Dressing
- In a shallow bowl, mix the fish seasoning with the mayonnaise.
- Spread a thin layer of the mayo mixture on all sides of the salmon.
- Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Place the salmon on the hot pan and cook until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the fillets and reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking until done to your liking, approximately an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve the fish over the prepared salad and enjoy!