This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
Is your mouth watering? You better believe that Magnum Chocolate & Caramel Overload Cake tastes as good as you’d think!
Guys, this is not the recipe you want if you are trying to diet. It’s rich and indulgent and tastes absolutely amazing. It’s definitely a treat…but, I say we all deserve a treat about now! Am I right?
You all know how delicious a Magnum Bar is. Now imagine in on top of a layer of salted caramel that’s tucked between a couple of layers of cake. And, if that wasn’t enough, I went all out and covered the cake with rich chocolate ganache then topped it off with toffee bits. It’s a bit messy, but boy oh boy, the flavor combination is out of this world!
To say that it was a hit is an understatement. I barely for the chance to snap a pic before that amazing creation was devoured. Jake decided that this was at the top of his favorite dessert list. That’s a pretty big statement for my kiddo with a massive sweet tooth.
While the ganache is one of the last steps in the cake, you want to go ahead and make it first so that it’s ready when you need it. Don’t worry…if you can use the microwave, you can make an amazing ganache. Just heat your cream then pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit then whisk it all together for the most amazing chocolatey goodness. You want to let the chocolate sit for at least 5 minutes or more so that it thickens up a bit.
Once you have your ganache ready, set it aside and then pull the sticks out of your Magnum Mini Bars. Just wiggle the sticks back and forth a bit and pull slowly. The sticks come out pretty easily. Don’t worry if the chocolate shell cracks a bit…once it’s all assembled it really won’t matter.
Now you are ready to assemble your cake.
Start by slicing a pre-made pound cake in half and spreading a thick layer of salted caramel over the bottom layer. Then you will place the Magnum Mini Bars on top of the caramel. Add the top layer of pound cake and pour your ganache over the top of the whole cake and top with toffee bits!
It’s so simple to make and you end up with a truly amazing dessert that your family will LOVE!
With the sale and digital coupons combo, this is the time to whip up my amazing creation. Check out all those ice cream deals you can grab right now at Publix. I suggest you stock your freezer so that you’ll have lots of tasty flavors available this recipe and all your holiday meals!
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream or Frozen Dessert 1 pt ctn or Cookie Dough Chunks or Half Baked Brownie Dough, 6 or 8 oz pouch, $4.10 – $5.79
–$1/1 Ben & Jerry’s Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $3.10 after coupon!
Breyers Ice Cream, 1.5 qt, $5.65 +
–$1.50/2 Breyers Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $4.90 per carton after coupon!
Magnum Ice Cream Bars or Non-Dairy Bars, 9.12 to 11.1 oz, or Ice Cream, 14.8 oz, $5.09 – $5.99
–$1/1 Magnum Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $4.09 after coupon!
Talenti Gelato or Gelato Layers or Sorbetto, 10.8 to 16 oz, $4.99
–$1/1 Talenti Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $3.99 after coupon!
- 5 Magnum Mini Double Caramel Bars, sticks removed
- 4 oz chocolate, chopped fine (use a bittersweet or semi sweet baking bar for best results)
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 10.75 oz pre-made pound cake, cut in half lengthwise forming two layers (be sure to defrost if frozen)
- 1 cup salted caramel dessert sauce
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- Make the ganache by adding the chocolate to a heatproof bowl, set aside.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Watch carefully and do not allow it to boil or bubble over.
- Pour the warm heavy whipping cream over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for 3 minutes. Start whisking the mixtures slowly from the middle of the bowl, and continue whisking in one direction until the mixture is silky smooth and combined.
- Allow to cool for 5 - 7 minutes before using on your cake.
- While the ganache cools, assemble the cake by spreading the salted caramel sauce over the bottom layer of pound cake, followed by the Magnum Mini Double Caramel Bars.
- Add the top layer of cake then slowly pour the ganache over the top of the cake. If you don't need all the ganache, save it to serve with the cake if desired.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and serve.