This post is sponsored by Truvia. All comments and opinions are my own.
We all need something to get excited about after this crazy year! Why not grab your mixer, preheat your oven and bake up something tasty?
I love to make baked goodies for my friends and family and since we are not out and about as much as usual, I have decided to start gifting some treats a little early this year. I look at it as a way to try new recipes, spread a little happiness and of course sample a few goodies myself.
I’ll be cooking (and eating) a lot over the next couple of months so I am all for cutting calories when I can. I bet many of you are in the same boat. So, how would you like to get the sweetness of sugar with zero calories per serving?
Thanks to Truvia®, we can reduce sugar and calories while still enjoying all those delicious holiday treats. Perfect in cookies, cakes, pies and so much more, Truvia® is America’s favorite stevia sweetener and is great for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets.
Look for several Truvia® products when you shop at Publix, including two new items—Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener.
New at Publix, Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener are both easy to use, taste great and allow you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes. Give them a try and save with the high value digital coupon. Pick up either and save $2 on your next purchase.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener are both easy to use, taste great and allows you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes.
Speaking of tasty recipes…here’s one of my all time favorites —my Sugar-Free Thumbprint Cookies. Clip your coupon and pick up delicious Truvia® sweeteners and bake in sweetness, with zero calories per serving.
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 2/3 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves
- 1/2 cup Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener until smooth.
- Add the almond extract and the flour and mix on medium until the dough comes together – about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Roll into balls about an inch in diameter and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use your thumb (or the end of a wooden spoon) to create a reservoir in the center of each cookie.
- Fill the hole with the jam/preserves- I find it’s easiest to use a piping bag or storage bag with the edge snipped to control the jam!
- Refrigerate the filled cookies for 10 minutes and then place in the preheated oven and cook for 16 – 18 minutes or just until the cookie is very lightly browned.
- Allow the cookie to cool slightly on the pan then move to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix the Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener sugar with the milk and drizzle over the cooled cookie.
Sugar has met its match.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener are sweetened from the stevia leaf with zero calories per serving and used just like sugar.
That means there’s no conversion charts or guessing how much to use. If your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, simply use a cup of Truvia® Sweet Complete™. If you are making a frosting or an icing that requires 2 cups of confectioners sugar, just use 2 cups of Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener instead. These tasty products measure, bake and sweeten just like sugar.
Why stop at just desserts? Truvia® Sweet Complete™ is the once-and-for-all all-purpose sweetener. Use in any recipe that calls for sugar. Try it in your bread recipes, dressings, slaws, that must-have sweet potato casserole—even your holiday glazed ham!
To find Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener at a Publix store near you, please visit the store locator. If you can’t find a store near you, please visit https://www.truvia.com/products/freesample to request a free sample with a coupon!