This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
You may have a plan for your main holiday meal but what about the meals before the big day? I’ll have family here for a few days before and after Thanksgiving, so I have to have lots of options in place.
I’ll need to have options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and of course plenty of snacks. I try to find ways to keep my time in the kitchen at a minimum so I look for ways to prep ahead. My Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect make-ahead option that you can have ready for folks to enjoy with their morning coffee or an easy brunch.
The cake is moist, delicious and packed with lots of big flavor. I make this recipe almost every year. But this year, I tried it with new Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener. I was thrilled with how it turned out.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener are sweetened with stevia with zero calories per serving and used just like sugar. So I didn’t have to make any crazy modifications. I just made simple replacements and ended up with an amazing coffee cake that was full of flavor but had less calories–win/win!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups Truvia® Sweet Complete™
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 - 4 cups of Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour into 2 greased 8-inch cake pans
- Bake at 350º for 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt then mix to combine.
- With your mixer on low, gradually add the Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener about a cup at a time until completely combined. You may need anywhere between 3 - 4 cups, add until you get the consistency needed to spread and frost your cooled cake.
To find Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener at a Publix store near you, please visit the store locator. If you can’t find a store near you, please visit https://www.truvia.com/products/freesample to request a free sample with a coupon!
Thanks to Truvia®, we can reduce sugar and calories while still enjoying all those delicious holiday treats. Perfect in cookies, cakes, pies and so much more, Truvia® is America’s favorite stevia sweetener and is great for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets.
I say go ahead and grab a bag of each for all your favorite foods and recipes. Try my Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and let me know what you think!
Remember there’s no conversion charts or guessing how much to use. If your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, simply use a cup of Truvia® Sweet Complete™. If you are making a frosting or an icing that requires 2 cups of confectioners sugar, just use 2 cups of Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener instead. These tasty products measure, bake and sweeten just like sugar.