This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am not sure if it’s the fact that the holidays are coming up or if it’s the recent time change…but, I feel like the days are just flying by!
Things will be hectic through the end of the year so I am doing my best to keep my life as simple as possible. That means quick and easy meals are an absolute necessity right now. I don’t plan on trying any new recipes or spending any extra time in the kitchen if I don’t have to.
Whenever things get crazy I like to dig down into my recipe stash and pull out the tried-and-true meals that I know my guys love. These are the recipes that I have made a bazillion times before and can probably make by heart at this point.
This Quinoa Tamale Pie is a favorite at my house. It’s packed with big flavor but is super simple to prepare. I love it because it’s an all in one dish…no sides or extras are needed.
- 1 bag Success® Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 boxes of packaged corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa cooks, heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet and cook the onion for 3 – 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add all veggies and both packets dry mix to the pan and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded chicken and cooked quinoa.
- Prepare the corn muffin mix as per directions on the box. Drop by spoonfulls and spread over top of the tamale pie.
- Bake until top is browned and corn muffin top is cooked through, approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
This dish is made quick and easy thanks to Success Quinoa. You don’t have to wait 30 – 40 minutes for quinoa to cook. The boil-in-bag quinoa is ready in just 10 minutes…just enough time for you to prep the rest of the recipe.
If you aren’t using Success Quinoa, what are you waiting for? It’s packed with protein, all nine essential amino acids and is a good source of fiber making it perfect for any lifestyle choice whether you eat vegan, vegetarian or a mix of everything.
I use it often as an alternative to rice in a variety of my recipes. That light, nutty flavor is perfect in all your favorite meals.
Look for Success Quinoa in the rice/pasta aisle at Publix or have it delivered right to your door when you place your order through Instacart.