This post is sponsored by Breyers. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am a big fan of cobblers. Anything that you can dump and bake is my idea of a good time. You know I am all about easy recipes and a cobbler is one of the simplest that you can make.
Now, I have shared several different cobbler recipes over the years. All the others have been a fruit cobbler. Honestly, that is usually what I make. But, with Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought some of you might like to have another dessert option besides a pie.
With this recipe, you get that pecan pie flavor…just without all the work. Of course there is no crust with this recipe, but you do get that cake-like topping that crispy and soft all at the same time. Finished with a scoop of Breyers Ice Cream makes this the perfect dessert that is sure to be the star of your dinner table!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup pecans (whole or rough chop–your choice!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup boiling water
- Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Mix the pecans, brown sugar and toffee bits in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt your butter in a large casserole dish or 13×9 baking pan (I usually just pop mine in the pan and stick it in the oven while I am mixing up batter.)
- Place flour, baking powder and granulated sugar in bowl
- Add milk and mix until combined
- Evenly distribute melted butter in pan
- Pour batter over butter but…DO NOT STIR!!!
- Pour the pecan mixture over the batter–DO NOT STIR!!
- Pour the boiling water over top–DO NOT STIR!!!
- Bake at 325º F for 35 – 40 minutes, until golden and set.
- Enjoy warm with a big scoop of Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream!
Remember, all your favorite Breyers Ice Cream varieties are on sale buy one, get one FREE at Publix. Stock your freezer during the BOGO sale valid 11/19 – 11/25 at your local Publix. Have plenty on hand for this Pecan Cobbler recipe and to serve with all your other favorite recipes.
Breyers Ice Cream, 1.5 qt, BOGO $5.65 +
–$0.50/1 Breyers® product (48 oz.). Publix Digital Coupon
-$0.50/1 Breyers Product, 11/15/20 RMN (exp 11/28/20) [48 oz].
As low as $2.33 per carton after coupon!
Sounds YUM! Question – do the toffee bits remain hard?
My first reaction was to say no…but you know I am really not 100% sure. I assumed the crunchy to be the pecans but I guess it could also be the toffee bits. Either way, the taste combo really is fantastic…
Thanks for the reply Michelle, think I’ll try it!