This post is sponsored by Knorr. All comments and opinions are my own.
I know that you may be focusing on your holiday menu and trying to get all the foods needed for your meal. But, I wanted to give you a reminder to go ahead and get ready for the meals you’ll serve AFTER Thanksgiving too!
We all put so much work and effort into the big meal, the last thing we want to do is spend a bunch of time in the kitchen the few days following Thanksgiving. I say plan ahead and you’ll be ready to whip up tasty meals in a flash.
I thought I’d share some of the meals that I make with my holiday leftovers. Shhh…don’t tell anyone, but I actually roast an extra turkey breast just so that I’ll have leftovers for my after-holiday meals!
My Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup is a recipe that I make every single year. I actually look forward to this soup, it’s become as much of a tradition as the main meal!
The best part is that it’s super simple to make. It uses many of the ingredients you will already have handy from your Thanksgiving meal. You just need to make sure that you have a bag of Knorr Rice Sides or Knorr Selects in your pantry. I have used various mixes over the years and they all turn out amazing. The have all the tasty seasoning already in the bag so you can really just choose the flavor you like best.
Remember, we have a high value Knorr coupon that will help you save some moolah when you shop at Publix. Clip the coupon from the Extra Savings flyer and have it with you when you shop. You can mix and match to get what you need. Be sure to grab a rice mix to have handy and try my Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup. You may find that it becomes one of your favorite holiday meals too!
$1.75/2 Knorr Ready to Heat Rice 8.8-oz. or Knorr Selects 3.5-6.2-oz. (mix or match) Extra Savings Flyer In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 11/7 to 11/20)
I thought I’d share one of my favorite versions so you can make sure you have everything handy to put those leftovers to use. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk or half & half
- 1 package of Knorr Rice Sides or Knorr Rice Selects [i]–I like Herb & Butter in this recipe.[/i]
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook on medium high for 3 – 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the Knorr Rice Mix, chicken broth, water, turkey, thyme, salt & pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the milk.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.