This post is sponsored by Carando. All comments and opinions are my own.
Have you clipped and used that Carando Meatball coupon yet? If not, I wanted to remind you to use it while you can double dip on a sale/coupon combo. We have a sale in the current Extra Savings Flyer and when you add in the coupon you’ll get a package of super tasty meatballs for just $2.99.
Keep in mind that both the Abruzzese and Mozzarella Rustica varieties are each 16 oz packages…that means you get a pound of meat for under $3! I will NEVER pass up a deal like that. I promise you, I can find a way to work that into my weekly menu!
Don’t dilly dally, you need to load the digital coupon and pick up a package before the sale ends on Friday, 11/20 to get the best deal.
Carando Meatballs, 16 oz, $3.99
–$1/1 Carando Meatballs Publix Digital Coupon
$2.99 after sale and coupon!
Carando Italian Style Meatballs let you prepare meatballs that taste like they’re made from scratch with minimal effort. The Old World crafted meatballs feature a savory flavor with blended cheese and Italian herbs, perfect for spicing up any meal. And you’ll be happy to know that they are made with no added MSG and no fillers, and they’re gluten free.
Clip that coupon and get a pound of tasty meatballs at a fantastic price.
If you need a recipe idea, try my Meatball & Dumplings Soup. This is a tasty spin on that classic comfort food that we all love. I decided to shake things up and do a meatball version. Ok, in all honesty…I had planned to do chicken and dumplings but didn’t have chicken when it was time to cook…oops! I spotted the meatballs in my freezer and ended up with an AMAZING meal that my guys absolutely loved.
The next time I make it, I think I will add mushrooms and sauté them with the onion. Just an idea in case you want to try it out. Let me know what you think!
- 16 oz package Carando Meatballs
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook the Carando Meatballs according to package instructions.
- While the meatballs cook, start the soup by melting 3 tablespoons of butter in a large stockpot.
- Add the celery and onion and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth and marsala cooking wine and bring to a boil.
- Prepare the dumplings by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the boiling soup and then drop the dumplings by rounded tablespoons into the boiling soup. Cover and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and chopped parsley.
- Season as needed then serve and enjoy!