This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc.. All comments and opinions are my own.
Leftovers are a big part of my week. I often make a bigger dinner just so I’ll have enough to package up and have for lunch the next day. But sometimes, things don’t go as planned. If my guys are really hungry, that extra food gets gobbled up and there’s nothing to save.
It’s all good…I always make sure to have options handy just in case. I keep plenty of Minute Ready to Serve Rice on hand for the days when I need lunch in a pinch. One cup of that tasty rice can become any of a dozen or more delicious meal in a flash.
Often I’ll just toss a cup of the rice with some protein and veggies that I have in my fridge/freezer. One day I found some of my leftover peanut sauce and decided to whip up the dish you see above. My Thai Peanut Tofu Rice Bowl With Veggies is one of the easiest meals ever…so easy in fact, sometimes I skip the leftovers and make it instead.
The quick convenience of Minute Ready to Serve makes this the perfect lunch that’s ready in just minutes. The sauce is ready in about a minute, the rice takes one minute and a quick stir fry of the veggies takes maybe three minutes. Heck, that’s less time than is needed to heat many frozen dinners.
Minute Ready to Serve Rice is perfect for a variety of recipes like this one and can be a quick and tasty meal that you can enjoy right from the cup! And you know Publix carries a huge selection of Minute Ready to Serve Rice so you can enjoy great tasty and convenience any time!
- Non- GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free Certified
- No Preservatives
- MSG Free
- Cholesterol Free
Plus, you can earn cash back when you shop at Publix! Load the Ibotta offer and get cash back on your next purchase. The amount will vary by user…but everyone gets savings. Plus, there is a bonus offer when you redeem two offers. Might as well stock up so that you’ll have plenty of rice handy for a quick meal or to use in YOUR favorite recipes!
Try my recipe and let me know what you think. You can substitute with any veggie or protein you have handy.I promise, that tasty peanut sauce over the rice goes great with just about everything. Mmmm…just thinking about it now makes me want to add it to my menu again this week.
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Rice, heated according to directions
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 oz ready-to-eat tofu (I like to use a spicy version in this recipe)
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks or thin sticks
- 8 – 10 Snap peas
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- [u]Peanut Sauce[/u]
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a small skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the carrots, snap peas, bell pepper and tofu, cook approximately 3 minutes until veggies are tender/crisp.
- To make the peanut sauce, In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, water and ginger.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir again.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds then whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the rice in a serving bowl and top with the cooked veggies. Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro and then drizzle with prepared peanut sauce.