This post is sponsored by B&G Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Have you had the chance to try Green Giant Riced Veggies yet?
If not, now is a great time to grab a bag. New at Publix, this is a tasty alternative to rice that can be used in all your favorite meals and recipes. AND with the digital coupon, you can save $1 on any of the three tasty varieties.
Just remember, you’ll find the bags in the rice aisle…not the frozen section. Look for these varieties when you shop.
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Red Lentil, Green Pea, Chickpea Trio – made from 100% legume flour
All three varieties taste great and cook up fast. In fact, Green Giant® Riced Veggies cook on the stovetop in under 10 minutes. Serve as a quick and easy side dish or use them in any of your favorite recipes.
I decided to try my hand using them for one of my favorite things…risotto!
Risotto is typically pretty time consuming and generally not a healthy option. BUT, my version is quick and dials up the nutrition because you are replacing the rice with 100% veggies! Plus as you can see, there aren’t a ton of ingredients needed to create a meal with big flavor.
I used the Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend for my recipe but you can use any variety that you’d like. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag Green Giant Riced Veggies Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend
- 2 cups broth (seafood, chicken or vegetable broth)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- additional salt & pepper to taste
- Place the shrimp in a small bowl and mix with the salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook 3 - 5 minutes until pink. Pour the shrimp and any juices into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the same pan and cook the onion ad garlic until the onion is softened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, water and stir in the Green Giant Riced Veggies Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 9 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed - stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon zest and cooked shrimp (plus any juice from cooking).
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss with the parsley and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.