This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
Is it feeling like fall to you yet? The first day of fall was a couple of weeks ago but it takes a while for Mother Nature to get the memo. While it won’t get cold here for a few more weeks, things have definitely cooled off in my neck of the woods.
When the temps start to drop, my mind immediately goes to comfort food…soups, stews and hearty salads are what I crave!
So when the temps dipped the other day, I decided it was time to whip up one of my favorite things…my Harvest Chicken Salad. With apples, cranberries and nuts, it’s a fall twist on the classic recipe that everyone loves. The best part— it’s ready in just minutes.
Serve on salad greens, atop crackers, in a tasty wrap or just between a couple of slices of bread. You really can’t go wrong no matter how you decide to dish it out.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 cup grapes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon toasted walnuts or pecans
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the chicken to a large bowl with the onions, apple, cranberries, grapes and nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, dijon mustard and lemon juice until combined.
- Gently fold the mayo mixture into the chicken mixture to evenly coat all ingredients.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Luckily you can get all the products that you need at Publix and save some money to boot. Thanks to the deals in the new Extra Savings flyer, you’ll get Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and Maille Mustard at a super price.
Look for the Maille Dijon and Old Style Mustard on sale 2/$5…no coupon needed. You definitely need both varieties for all your favorite meals and recipes. This is the only mustard that my mom uses so I know she is going to be doing a happy dance!
And, you’ll want to clip the Hellman’s coupon from the flyer. Use it to save a whopping $2 off a jar of mayonnaise so you’ll have what you need for my chicken salad recipe and all your other favorite meals and recipes. Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise is America’s #1 Mayonnaise and is made with real*, simple ingredients: eggs, oil and vinegar.
- Maille Dijon or Old Style Mustard 7.3 – 8.11 oz, 2/$5
- $2/1 Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 24 – 30 oz or Vegan Dressing & sandwich Spread 24 oz oz Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/10 – 10/23
Don’t miss your chance to grab a deal. Take advantage of the savings through 10/23 at your local Publix.