This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All comments and opinions are my own.
I always have cream cheese on hand. In fact, I usually have 2 or 3 different varieties handy for my various meals and recipes. That’s because it’s perfect on so many different things.
It’s a must have on a bagel, or stuffed into chicken, or how about stirred into scrambled eggs? It makes the most amazing frosting and of course there’s cheesecake…everyone loves cheesecake! I could probably come up with dozens of different ways to use cream cheese every week.
One of my all time favorites is stuffed into a cake roll.
A cake roll is one of the easiest types of cakes to make. You simply bake up a sponge cake, roll it up to cool then fill with jelly, frosting—OR some tasty Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread.
So when I spotted that Tillamook Seriously Strawberry Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread, I knew it was time to bake up a cake.
At first I thought I would need to mix in some extra strawberries to ensure it packed a strawberry punch. But the cream cheese had such great strawberry flavor, it wasn’t necessary at all. I didn’t even need to add sugar. I just mixed in a little whipped topping to make the filling a bit more fluffy…and that’s was it. The perfect Seriously Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll came together in a flash!
Whether you spread on your morning bagel or use in a tasty recipe, Tillamook Cream Cheese Spread is rich, creamy and smooth, with a tangy zip in every bite. Like all the other Tillamook products, only goodness goes in! You get a quality cream cheese made without fillers, starches, or stabilizers.
Even more good news…you can save on your next purchase! Clip the digital coupon and pick up any of the four flavors when you shop and save $1 on your purchase.
Of course, I’d highly recommend you go for the strawberry and try my amazing cake! But there are several options so you can get the one that you need for your favorite meals/recipes. Look for these four varieties in the dairy aisle at your local Publix –
- Tillamook Original Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread– Made with only four ingredients!
- Tillamook Seriously Strawberry Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread– Made with real strawberries, a slightly sweetened cream cheese spread with jammy strawberry preserve.
- Tillamook Aged Cheddar Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread– For fans of Tillamook’s beloved aged cheddar cheese, it doesn’t get sharper than this.
- Tillamook Very Veggie Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread- Made with six different vegetables including bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and onions, getting your veggies never tasted so good.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- 7 oz Tillamook Seriously Strawberry Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add your eggs to a medium bowl and beat on high speed until very thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar a little at time and then beat in water and vanilla on low speed.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately after removing from oven, use a butter knife to gently loosen cake from sides of pan and then turn the cake upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and while the cake is hot, carefully roll cake AND towel together from the short end. (The towel will be rolled with the cake)
- Place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Add the cream cheese to a small bowl and mix until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese mixture over top and re-roll the cake (without the towel this time!)
- Dust with additional powdered sugar, cut and serve!