This post is sponsored by B&G Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
There are so many different options when it comes to putting together a complete meal.
I am all about flavor and making sure that my meals have great taste. I typically start with the main dish and build out from there. That is usually where you’ll see the most flavor. The sides are typically added to compliment the meal. BUT…sometimes I want the sides to be the big punch of flavor.
If I am doing a simple protein such as a baked chicken or a grilled chop, I look to my sides to add a little flair to what might otherwise be a boring meal. That’s when I bring out tasty recipes like my Ginger Riced Veggies recipe.
This dish has such amazing flavor yet uses very few ingredients. Sometimes I make this dish using rice but recently I have been making it with Green Giant® Riced Veggies to up my nutritional content in my meal. It’s a yummy plant-based addition to power up my dish, delivering both a good source of protein and fiber.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 bag Green Giant® Riced Veggies Red Lentil, Green Pea, Chickpea Trio
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- green onion, sliced
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Add the ginger and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the broth, sugar and salt then stir in the Green Giant® Riced Veggies Red Lentil, Green Pea, Chickpea Trio.
- Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff and serve topped with green onion.
Remember, Green Giant Riced Veggies are a tasty alternative to rice that can be used in all your favorite meals and recipes. AND with the digital coupon, you can save $1 right now at Publix.
Look for the bags in the rice aisle…not the frozen section.
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Red Lentil, Green Pea, Chickpea Trio – made from 100% legume flour
All three varieties taste great and cook up fast. In fact, Green Giant® Riced Veggies cook on the stovetop in under 10 minutes. Serve as a quick and easy side dish or use them in any of your favorite recipes.