This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc.. All comments and opinions are my own.
I serve up some type of Mexican dish at least once every single week without fail. I try to vary what I serve just to keep things interesting. The easiest way to decide what to make is by seeing what I happen to have on hand.
I always have a couple of packages of Minute Ready to Serve Rice in my pantry and when I spotted a can of black beans and some enchilada sauce, I knew I’d be making my Easy Chicken & Rice Enchilada Skillet this week. It’s a quick meal that combines all the flavors we love in an easy to make, one dish meal.
I love the taste and the fact that this meal is done in a flash. I can have dinner ready in under 20 minutes. Plus since everything cooks in one pan, clean-up is a breeze!
The quick convenience of Minute Ready to Serve is key for this dish. I can have dinner ready in the time it would take to steam regular rice. Why on Earth would I want to wait 20 + minutes for rice when I can enjoy perfect rice that’s ready in just ONE minute? Minute Ready to Serve Rice is perfect for a variety of recipes or even as a tasty meal that you can enjoy right from the cup!
Publix carries a huge selection of Minute Ready to Serve Rice and you can use any that you like (or have handy) in this recipe.
- Non- GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free Certified
- No Preservatives
- MSG Free
- Cholesterol Free
Remember, right now you can get tasty rice AND savings when you shop at Publix. Load the Ibotta offer and get cash back on your next purchase. The amount will vary by user…but everyone gets savings. Plus, there is a bonus offer when you redeem two offers. What are you waiting for? Load that offer and head into Publix and get your favorite varieties.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4.4 oz cup Minute Ready to Serve Rice
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 5 - 6 corn tortillas cut in fourths
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Heat the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook over medium high heat until softened, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, rice, enchilada sauce, cream cheese, black beans, corn and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Cover the mixture with the tortillas, slightly overlapping each piece.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake in 350º oven for 8 - 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.