This post is sponsored by Cabot Cheese. All comments and opinions are my own.
I can guarantee that whenever you open my fridge, you will find a drawer full of cheese. Yep, there might not be much of anything else…but there will ALWAYS be cheese.
I used to tease my boys and call them little mice because they ate so much cheese. I guess at this point, they are gigantic rats! While most people have bread and milk on their weekly shopping list, I have cheese and more cheese on my list. Seriously, I would estimate that probably 80 – 90% of our meals include cheese.
Being the cheese fanatics that we are, we know good cheese. So trust me when I tell you, Cabot Cheese is good cheese!
I get excited whenever I see savings on Cabot Cheese. I know that a bar of that tasty cheese is the start to a delicious meal. So for all you other cheese fans, you will be happy to know that we have a digital coupon to save $1 on any of the delicious Cabot Cheese varieties at Publix!
The folks at Cabot Cheese are no strangers to great cheese. In fact, they have been creating delicious cheese for over 100 years. Cabot Creamery is a co-op of farmers who love what they do. They are proud of their thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows that produce the rich, buttery milk that they use to make Cabot’s award-winning cheese and dairy products.
Take the opportunity to clip your coupon and get a super discount the next time you shop.
If you need a tasty recipe, why not try my delicious spin on mac & cheese?! My Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Mac & Cheese is a HUGE family favorite that combines rich and creamy mac & cheese with the bold taste of fajitas. Enjoy in a bowl or wrap up in a tortilla for a unique mac & cheese meal that your whole family will love!
- 1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked according to package instructions and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream (or half & half)
- 3 cups Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and olive oil and toss together to combine.
- Evenly spread the chicken and veggies onto a 18"x13" baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- While the fajitas cook, prepare the mac & cheese by melting the butter in a large saucepan.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and mustard then add to melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Cook the mixture for about a minute until lightly browned.
- Add milk and cream, stir constantly while cooking on medium high until mixture boils and thickens and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add the cooked noodles to the cheese sauce, taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the fajita mixture is ready, pour the prepared mac & cheese over the chicken and veggies.
- Mix the remaining cup of cheese with the Panko and sprinkle on top of the mac & cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 2 - 3 minutes until cheese golden and bubbly.
- Serve in bowls or serve in warmed tortillas if desired.