This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am of the opinion that planning your breakfast menu is just as important as planning your dinner menu. There is a reason that folks say it’s the most important meal of the day. A day that begins well tends to stay on track.
Since mornings are hectic, having a plan in place is a necessity!
You may be rushing around trying to get out the door for work, carpool or even trying get the kids set up for online classes. The last thing you want to think about is what to make for yourself and your family when things are crazy and rushed.
Luckily, delicious and convenient products from Jimmy Dean make it easy to ensure that your day starts off right!
Tasty options like Wright® Brand Thick Sliced Hickory Smoked Bacon, Jimmy Dean® Refrigerated Fully Cooked Sausage and Jimmy Dean® Frozen Breakfast Bowls mean that you can give your family great taste EVERY morning!
When you are in a hurry, just reach for Jimmy Dean Refrigerated Fully Cooked Sausage or any of the Jimmy Dean Frozen Breakfast Bowls. In just minutes, you can enjoy a flavorful savory breakfast, packed with protein.
Heat up some of the fully cooked sausage and pair with eggs and toast, wrap up in a tortilla, sandwich inside a biscuit topped with cheese or just whatever floats your boat. The options are endless and you can change things up based on your mood.
And for mornings when you don’t even want to think—Jimmy Dean Frozen Breakfast Bowls to the rescue! You can have a delicious meal with hearty ingredients like bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes and cheese…all in one bowl and ready in just minutes.
For days when you have a little more time, reach for a package of Wright Brand Bacon. This amazing bacon is real-wood smoked, hand-trimmed and absolutely delicious. I use it constantly for breakfast as well as my other favorite meals and recipes. I really do think that bacon really does make everything better and I absolutely love those thick slices
With a wide range of breakfast opportunities, whether it’s on the go or a more special occasion – Jimmy Dean & Wright Brand has you covered.
One of my guys’ absolute favorite things for breakfast is a Sausage & Cheese Omelet Sandwich made with Jimmy Dean Sausage.
Have you tried these fun sandwiches yet? You just add some whisked eggs to a pan and then dip your bread to coat both sides. The excess egg fries in the pan and you after a flip, you just fold that excess egg over some sausage and cheese. The final step is a simple flip of one slice of bread onto the other to create a tasty sandwich. Everything cooks together in one pan and you end up with an amazing breakfast sandwich that’s ready in a flash.
I can have a couple of sandwiches made in no time flat and boy are they delicious. Stop by Publix and grab some Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage and a couple of other ingredients and whip up a tasty sandwich for breakfast this week!
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, whisked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage Crumbles (can also use links or patties)
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and arrange the bread pieces side by side, in a single layer over the eggs.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the excess egg has set.
- Flip both pieces of bread (and any excess egg) at the same time.
- Top with cheese and sausage.
- Fold any excess egg over the filling and flip one piece of bread on top of the other to create a sandwich.
- If needed cook another minute or so on each side to ensure the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melty!