This post is sponsored by Hellmann’s. All comments and opinions are my own.
You know how they say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, that dish you see above is my ticket to lots of hugs and kisses.
I can bake up a batch of my Au Gratin Potatoes and my guys will do a big happy dance. While it takes a while to bake, it’s crazy simple to prepare. This hearty potato dish goes great with chicken, pork, beef or really whatever you have on your menu. And, my guys always say that it’s even better when served as leftovers the next day!
Pull out your mandolin (or a sharp knife) and grab a bottle of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and you are on your way to the most amazing side dish.
- Approx 2.5 lbs red potatoes, sliced thin (approx 1/8 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cream, gruyere cheese, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat evenly.
- Spray a 1.5 qt casserole dish with cooking spray and layer the potatoes vertically in the dish.
- Pour any excess mixture on top of the potatoes and then sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the potatoes.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly and golden.
Add this recipe to your menu this week and then head into your local Publix. You’ll be able to get everything you need in just one trip. And right now you can get all your ingredients you need without breaking the bank. Look for a high value Hellmann’s coupon in the new Extra Savings Flyer. You’ll save $2 off a bottle of America’s #1 Mayonnaise that’s made with real*, simple ingredients: eggs, oil and vinegar.