I make tacos almost every week without fail. To keep things interesting, I put different types of tacos on my menu. When I spotted the BOGO sale on Mighty Spark Chicken I knew I’d be whipping up some of my Shortcut Thai Chicken Tacos.
The tacos are crazy simple to make. Just cook the meat, pull out some toppings and throw together a quick peanut sauce. I would say that you can have dinner on the table in 15 – 20 minutes from start to finish.
If you don’t like (or want to use) the Mighty Spark Chicken you can make your own Thai Chicken with some ground chicken and a few ingredients. I’ll add a quick recipe option in the notes of the recipe just in case.
But, it’s the peanut sauce is what really makes this recipe. You definitely can’t skip the sauce. Whenever I make this recipe, we all fight over who gets to scrape the final bit from the bowl.
Pick up a few ingredients and add this recipe to your menu this week. Look for these deals as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 8/13 to 8/19 (8/12 to 8/18 For Some).
Mighty Spark Ground Chicken, Bruschetta or Sweet Thai-Style, 16 oz, BOGO $5.99
Organic Cilantro, $0.99
Mission Flour Tortillas, Soft Taco, 10 ct, BOGO $2.35
Publix Baby Cut Carrots, 1 lb bag, $0.99
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Sweet Thai-Style Ground Chicken
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Toppings including: chopped cilantro, shredded cabbage, sliced radish, matchstick carrots, lime juice
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
- Cook the chicken according to package directions.
- While the chicken cooks prepare the sauce by whisking all ingredients EXCEPT the water in a small bowl.
- Microwave the sauce for 30 seconds and whisk to combine, adding water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Assemble the tacos by filling each tortilla with the cooked chicken and desired toppings. Drizzle with the prepared peanut sauce.