This post is sponsored by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream. All comments and opinions are my own.
With the recent sales, chances are good that you have a carton of Häagen-Dazs® Ice Cream in your freezer. I have a couple of tasty flavors that I have been enjoying a little at a time every couple of days!
Obviously you can enjoy that amazing rich and creamy ice cream right from the carton…but, it is also fantastic when included in your favorite recipes. When you are hankering for something extra special, why not try this recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches?!
While I do love a bowl of ice cream, an ice cream sandwich is the ultimate for me!
This recipe is very easy to make, I can speak from experience as I’ve made it many times. In fact, at this point I probably don’t even need the recipe! I skip the cinnamon candy but you can add them if you are a fan.
Raid your pantry and grab that Häagen-Dazs from the freezer and you can enjoy huge flavor this weekend too. If you don’t happen to have any Häagen-Dazs® on hand, just visit the frozen aisle at your local Publix and grab a tub of the Dulce de Leche Ice Cream and a few additional ingredients and you be ready to go!
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 carton Häagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- Crushed cinnamon candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix butter with brown sugar and beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add dry mixture. Stir in chocolate.
- Scoop 2oz balls of dough, flatten slightly and coat with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 9-11 minute or until surface cracks slightly. Allow to cool.
- Slice the pint of Dulce de Leche horizontally, remove cardboard and place the round disks between cooled cookies.
- Roll the outside of the sandwiches in the crushed cinnamon candy if desired.
Remember if you are purchasing the ice cream…save that receipt so you can get your Publix gift card. This is the last month to make your purchase so be sure to get your deals while you can. I mean, that ice cream sandwich and a gift card…do you really need another reason–tee tee!
Just pick up $20 of delicious treats from Häagen-Dazs®, Outshine®, Edy’s®, Skinny Cow® and Nestlé®…any variety or combination that makes you happy. Save your receipt(s) and submit to the Have Happy on Hand site. Heck you don’t even have to leave your house if you don’t want to. Paper receipts, receipts from Instacart for Publix and e-receipts can be used. So you can shop in-store or from the comfort of your couch and still earn that reward!
Here’s the scoop on how you can earn your gift card(s) –
SHOP – Purchase $20 in participating item(s) between 05/15/20 – 08/31/20. Multiple trips are FINE. You can accrue $20 over multiple transactions.
UPLOAD RECEIPT – Snap a clear photo of the entire receipt with your phone and send it in one of 3 ways:
- You can upload your receipt on Rewards.HaveHappyOnHand.com.
- You can text HAPPY to 811811 for submission instructions.*
- You can email your photo to email@example.com
After your photo is submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation and request to complete a registration form. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can keep earning all summer long. This promo runs through 08/31/20. Visit Rewards.HaveHappyOnHand.com for terms and conditions and complete details.
*Msg & data rates may apply. By texting HAPPY to 811811 and upon submitting your receipt image, you consent to receive up to 8 promotional text messages (pertaining to this program only) via an automatic telephone dialing system to the number you provided from Snipp Interactive on behalf of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream. Your consent to the above is not required to make a purchase.