Pizza is a meal that will ALWAYS bring my guys running.
95% of the time I make the pizzas that we eat. I find that it’s more economical and convenient just to whip something up rather than deal with delivery or takeout. Since I make pizza about once per week, I try to make different recipes just to keep everyone from getting bored.
When I spotted the BOGO sale on Mama Mancini’s Meatballs, I knew that Meatball Pizza was definitely going to be on the menu this week. My guys flip for this meal as it combines two of their favorite things.
I had planned to make the recipe on Friday but my husband spotted the meatballs while helping me unload the groceries earlier today. So, I swapped things up a bit and made some yummy pizza for dinner earlier.
With the sale and some matching coupons, I was able to make TWO pizzas for under $8—one cheese and one meatball pizza! I think it took me maybe 10 minutes in the kitchen to get the pizzas prepped and we were enjoying dinner about 15 minutes later. Quick, easy and economical…the perfect combo!
- Mama Mancini’s Meatballs, 16 oz, BOGO $6.49
- Mama Mary’s Pizza Crust, 12 to 24 oz, 2/$5
- Galbani Sorrento Mozzarella Chunk Cheese, 8 oz, $2.69 (reg $2.99)
- Barilla Sauce 24 oz jar, BOGO $2.81
Grab a few ingredients and skip the delivery/takeout this week…your wallet will thank you!
- 1 prepared thin pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 oz pkg of heat & serve meatballs and sauce (I like Mama Mancini's)
- 4 oz mozzarella, shredded
- ½ bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil.
- Spread the sauce over the prepared crust.
- Cut the meatballs in half and place over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese, pepper and onions on the pizza.
- Bake pizza for 12 - 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice and serve.