When I tell my guys that pizza is on the menu, they get very happy!
I have dozens of pizza recipes that I use and to keep things interesting, I try to vary what I serve each week. While some are easier than others…this is definitely the easiest one in my rotation. You only need a few ingredients for this shortcut version of the classic Margherita Pizza.
I will often use my homemade dough recipe for this pizza—BUT with the BOGO sale on Mama Mary’s, I decided to take the super easy route! Plus the basil plants in my garden are overflowing at the moment. Time for some pizza!
Once your oven is preheated you can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. That’s fabulous on nights when you need a meal super fast.
Look for these items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 6/4 to 6/10 (6/3 to 6/9 For Some) –
Mama Mary’s Pizza Crust, 12 to 24 oz, BOGO $4.49 – $5.29
Mid’s Pasta Sauce or Marinara, 32 oz, $2.99
Filippo Berio Olive Oil, 25.3 oz, BOGO $8.99
BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, 8 oz, BOGO $4.99
Be sure to gather your coupons and you can have two Shortcut Margherita Pizzas for around $10. You’ll also have extra oil and sauce to use for other recipes. Now that’s my kind of deal!
- (2) pre-made pizza crusts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 10 - 15 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Place the pizza dough/crust on your pan or pizza stone.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil over each pizza crust.
- Spread ½ cup of sauce over each pizza and top each with 4 ounces of mozzarella.
- Top with torn basil leaves and bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Top with additional fresh basil and olive oil if desired.