My guys are pizza fanatics. Knowing how much they love pizza, I typically add some type of pizza, stromboli or stuffed braid to my menu just about every single week.
While we may have pizza almost every week, that doesn’t mean we have the same thing all the time. I make sure to vary the type of pizza to keep things exciting.
So as I was going through the ad this week, I noticed that all the ingredients for a burger were there. I decided that instead of burgers, I would make pizza night a little more fun with a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza!
This is always a favorite at my house as it combines my guys favorite things…it’s basically a burger with a pizza twist.
Now I have tried a lot of different variations of this pizza. I have seen some recipes that call for ketchup in place of the sauce. I have seen some versions that call for a mix of ketchup and mayo or even ketchup and mustard. BUT–my guys were NOT fans of any of those versions. We have found that a basic pizza sauce gives the tomato flavor needed without making it weird!
Once you decide on the sauce that you prefer, you really can add anything that screams burger for you. I am going to share our version of the perfect Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza but feel free to change it up and make it your own! Look for these ingredients on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/21 to 5/27 (5/20 to 5/26 For Some)
- Heinz Yellow Mustard, Squeeze, 20 oz, BOGO $2.55
- Hunt’s Tomato Ketchup, Regular, 20 oz, BOGO $1.74
- Mt. Olive Pickles, 24 or 32 oz, 2/$5
- Smithfield Bacon, 16 oz, BOGO $5.81 – $9.19
- Publix Ground Chuck Beef, USDA Inspected, 3 lb or More Package, $3.99/lb
- Kraft Shredded Cheese or Chunk, 6 to 8 oz, or Kraft Taco Bell Shredded Cheese, 7 oz, 2/$6
- Grape Tomatoes, 2/$4
- Pre-baked pizza crust
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- mustard, ketchup, pickles, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce or any other favorite burger toppings
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet then add the onion, seasoned salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent. Drain off any excess fat.
- Place the crust on a pizza pan (or paddle if cooking on a stone).
- Spread the sauce over the crust then top with the ground beef, crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite burger toppings such as mustard, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- Slice and serve.