My guys love pizza night. In fact, we typically have some kind of pizza at least once each week. Sometimes I make homemade pizza dough, other times I toss a couple of frozen pizzas into the oven and on occasion I will do takeout/carryout pizza. Every once in a while I shake things up a bit and serve up a batch of English muffin or bagel pizzas.
Since English muffins happen to be on sale this week, I figured it was time to add these to my menu. With the BOGO sale on pre-cooked chicken, I knew exactly what kind of pizzas to make…BBQ Chicken English Muffin Pizzas.
Grab a few ingredients and call everyone to the kitchen to help assemble the pizzas and you will have dinner ready in just minutes!
Here are the items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 4/30 to 5/6 (4/29 to 5/5 For Some) –
Thomas’ English Muffins, 12 or 13 oz, BOGO $4.19 (one package)
Cabot Cheese Bars, 6 or 8 oz, 2/$6
Perdue Short Cuts, 6 to 9 oz, BOGO $4.99
Heinz BBQ Sauce, 18.6 to 21.4 oz, BOGO $2.59 (one bottle)
Whip up a batch of mini pizzas for approximately $10!
- 4 English Muffins
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
- 4 oz cooked chicken, sliced thin/chopped small
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- Split each English muffin and place cut side up on a sheet pan.
- Spray/drizzle a very small amount of olive oil over each muffin and bake for 2 – 3 minutes –just until barely crisp.
- Spread a tablespoon of BBQ sauce over each muffin.
- Top with chicken, cheese and red onion.
- Place the pan back into the oven and bake for 6 – 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve topped with the chopped cilantro.