This post is sponsored by Mirum. All comments and opinions are my own.
Hopefully you noticed the super deal on Knorr Sides, Selects and Ready to Heat products as part of the new Publix sale. If not, you’ll want to add the products to your shopping list as we are able to grab the pouches as low as 50¢ each this week!
There are TONS of different varieties so you can pick up all your faves at a super discount.
Knorr Rice or Pasta Sides 3.8 to 5.7 oz pouch, BOGO $1.03
Just 52¢ each
Knorr Selects 3.5 to 6.5 oz pouch, BOGO $1.99
Just $1 each!
Knorr Ready to Heat, 8.8 oz pouch, BOGO $1.99
-$0.50/1 Knorr Ready to Heat Blinkie (exp 4/12)
Just 50¢ per pouch with the Blinkie!
I love when these go on sale so I can load up. I like to keep these handy for a quick side that I can make in a flash. There are lots of flavors and the prep is crazy simple. Baked chicken with a Knorr side and some steamed broccoli is a pretty common meal here at my house. My guys love it and I am in and out of the kitchen fast…win/win!
While I use them as a side dish quite often, I also use the pouches as a meal starter all the time too. Think about it…rice and pasta with all the seasonings already there—it’s a busy gal’s dream come true.
Throw in a protein and some veggies and you really just can’t go wrong. Heck, even if you don’t feel like getting creative, most of the packages have recipes and there are dozens of additional recipes online at Knorr.com.
I generally just use them as a replacement for rice/pasta in my favorite recipes. I use less spices and generally the recipe cooks up a bit faster. Take my Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup as an example. My recipe generally calls for regular rice plus a bunch of spices. Instead, I use the basic ingredients and a pouch of Knorr Spanish Rice to whip up a soup that is easy and tastes amazing!
With almost everything you need BOGO this week, my soup is the super meal this week! Look for the broth, chicken breast and Knorr items on sale buy one, get one free through 3/11 (3/10 for some). Heck even the tortilla chips, tomatoes and black beans are on sale too. I would estimate you can put this one together for maybe $10.
I say make a double batch and freeze half to enjoy another day!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pouch Knorr Spanish Rice Flavor
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted & cubed
- Tortilla chips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth and chicken breast to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the chicken for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken back to the pot and add the beans, tomatoes and Knorr Spanish Rice, stirring to combine.
- Simmer for 10 - 12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips and cubed avocado.
Be sure to stock your cart during the BOGO sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 3/5 to 3/11 (3/4 to 3/10 For Some).
Find more savings online at Publix.com